9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 7:13 AM by janx

DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.

janx

Hi,

I'm using the latest BIOS and software drivers on this mobo.

OS is Windows 7 x86 SP1

Intel AMT is set to "None" on the BIOS.

Do anyone have glue why I'm seeing this kind of warning in event log very frequently?

• 1. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
          Flying_Kiwi

Perhaps because the board only has 'As-is' status as far as supporting Win 7 as an OS is concerned? If it still does this after a fresh OS reinstall, given you already have the latest BIOS installed (and presumably have already tried loading default settings in the BIOS - try this first if not), there's not much else you can do short of put up with it or revert to a fully supported OS. Even then if the problem still occurs, due to the age of your board and its status, Intel won't be providing updates so its a case of either put up with it (especially if the only problem is an event log message but it runs ok otherwise) or replace the board with something newer - in which case a whole new PC may work out to be a better option....

PS I see on the Wikipedia page for HECI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_Embedded_Controller_Interface that it mentions in some situations the technology is OS independant so I guess turning off AMT in the BIOS still doesn't stop the OS relating to the hardware. Does this also happen just as often with it turned on?

• 2. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
            janx

Hi,

Thank You for sharing Your ideas with me.

BIOS'is latest. OS is fresh w latest updates.

Weird thing is that, that I have 3 PC's with same motherboard, OS and BIOS level, but only two of them reporting this kind of warning. Third PC's event log is clear.

When I look in to the BIOS they all seems to be configured with same settings.

At the moment I have'nt tried yet to load BIOS default settings. I will.

Also I have tought that maybe I should flash those two other PC's with recovery bios - to make sure, that everything is set as it would be like coming from factory?

• 3. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
              Flying_Kiwi

Mabe the board that does NOT exhibit this problem is a different AA revision level board - you can see for yourself usually in the BIOS it'll display the AA number if not on the sticker on the board itself.

Your idea is a good one to try, along with a thorough documenting all of the settings within the BIOS of the 'good' board and comparing that with the 'problem' ones (unless you are sure your check above hasn't missed anything.... at all).

• 4. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                janx

Loading defaults does not help. Will try to use recovery BIOS when I get this PC in my hands.

• 5. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                  Flying_Kiwi

If the one that does NOT exhibit this problem is a different AA Revision number (ie revised hardware - see my earlier post as you've not mentioned that yet) then it may be that nothing you can do will get the others behaving the same short of replacing the problematic ones with those having the same AA revision number as the one without the problem. Whether Intel would accept the boards to exchange just for this reason is also questionable.

Going one step at a time what are the three boards AA revision numbers... or more importantly does the one that doesn't log problems have the same AA revision as either of the other two?

• 6. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                    janx

Sorry, forgot to mention. That board that does not throw this error earlier, also begun to show this error - not so frequently as others, but it shows.
                    So, I don't know.

It's a bit weird. I'll monitor currently 3 boards remotely (event logs) and for me it seems like some board throws more errors like others.
                    I suspect that maybe users are doing something on their PC that this error comes up but I have no proof.

Ordinary working with email, excel IE and so on..

I'll let You know after I'v flashed the BIOS again.

• 7. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                      janx

I'v flashed the BIOS using recovery BIOS. That did not helped us.

So, I'm out of my mind at the moment.

Can I downgrade my BIOS? Just for testing..?

• 8. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                        Flying_Kiwi
                        1. What are the AA revision numbers of the boards?
                        2. Yes (as long as the version you revert to is not so old as to not support your CPU etc)
                        • 9. Re: DQ35JO and The HECI interface is being reset.
                          janx

One of them has rev. AA082085-801 (number is taken from BIOS)

I don't have access to the others yet. Will let You know when I get those numbers.
                          Also, downgrading BIOS does not help. No difference at all.