1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 4:25 PM by Dan_Intel

Issues with DX58SO2

Hauser

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I'm doing ''zapping'' in web, looking for answers for my problem.

Currently I have: Intel DX58SO2, i7 975EE + Thermalright HR 02 Macho with modified clips, 2kits Corsair Vengeance 6GB 1600 C8, Adaptec Raid 5805, 2 Seagate Cheetah 15k7 in raid 0, Plextor PX-LB950SA, Icy Box IB-170SK-B + Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB, Akasa cable Sata3, Sapphire Radeon HD5870 VaporX, Enermax MaxRevo 1500, CM 932 with BitFenix Spectre fans connected to a module Manhattan x6 fans, W7 Ultimate 64bit.

All bios, firmwares, drivers are updated.

Now, during the PC starting, can happen many shutdowns, for example, there were as many as 6, and the last boot, the MB does not beep ( the buzzer is ok, for RAM missing, 3 beep) and in the video appears something like ''a problem with not allewed settings in the bios, so must be changed, which I do not, confirming the bios totally, then ,the PC finishes booting correctly:

in the bios I set the second XMP profile, which has been accepted, other parameteres were not changed, I have not overclocked, even if I think of doing something in the future.

I think they are to check/edit the parameters of the bios of  MB, so I ask for help who knows more than me.

Sorry for my English, it's rusty.

Thank.

Hauser. 

• 1. Re: Issues with DX58SO2
          Dan_Intel

Hi there,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

1. Unplug the power cord, remove all non-basic components, connect the power cord back in and try to boot up the system.  If problem does not take place, try installing the other components one at the time until you find out which is the conflicting one.
          Note: A basic computer configuration would consist of the following: keyboard, mouse, processor, minimum memory, hard drive, video card, and monitor.   No other add-in should be installed.

2. Test with DDR3-800/1066 MHz 1.5V to narrow the issue. Disregarding the XMP profile, the processor is not designed to support such frequency:

http://ark.intel.com/products/37153/Intel-Core-i7-975-Processor-Extreme-Edition-%288M-Cache-3_33-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI%29

3. If the problem continues, then, remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 30 minutes.  After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.