I've followed the article to the letter, but when I run the command to program the card with the text file I built, I get the error:
Failed to Program the Adapter because of invalid value of key: .
The update.txt file it is using to program the card contains a single line containing:
enableLedHeader = 1
I know the enableLedHeader part is accepted, because if you misspell it, you get an error that it doesn't know the key. In my case it's the value I'm supplying to the enableLedHeader it doesn't like. I've tried it as -1, - 1, =1 with and without spaces and it always fails. The card is running the latest firmware (1.40.232-1007). CmdTool2.exe is ver 5.00.12.
I'll keep experimenting ... but I'm open to ideas.
The procedure as laid out in the article absolutely does not work for whatever reason. It should, but doesn't.
I even tried downgrading the firmware in the card to exactly match the link in the article with no success. I also tried converting my update.txt file to a unix file in case it hated the CR/LF at the end of line.
I emailed Channel Partner support yesterday in the hope that they are willing to shed some light on this. If I hear something back, I'll certainly post my findings here. In the mean time, if anyone has any other ideas, I'll try anything.
Sadly, I have not received any response from Intel Tech support regarding my issue.
I'll wait a little longer, but I'll spec out another card in the mean time if I have to cut my losses. I really would prefer to keep it an Intel card like in my other servers.
If I find a solution, I will post it here.