2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 2:56 PM by vbaderks

DH67BL - Windows 7 x64 bit Problem, PLEASE help!!!

Tavana

My machine (i7 based + 16GB RAM)  randomly locks up after a few hours where the on-board HDMI port just stops displaying the screen and just switches to random pattern.  I lose mouse and keyboard and there seems to be no HDD activity.  Looks like the computer is just locked up.

Here is some of the testing I have done

1) memtest 86+ shows 0 errors for an 8 hr test duration

2) intel HW monitor utilty shows good airflow and CPU temp and voltages

3) I can get the same lock up EVEN if I do not log into windows at startup and just let it sit at the login window

4) I do not need to have any activity or application running on the computer

How do I go about debugging this???

• 1. Re: DH67BL - Windows 7 x64 bit Problem, PLEASE help!!!
          vbaderks

Did you check if the Windows event log contains some kind of error entry that kan pinpoint the problem?

You try to enable kernel dumps \ change the restart option for a blue screen.

if you suspect the video card: it there a way to replace it temp to ensure that the card is the problem.

• 2. Re: DH67BL - Windows 7 x64 bit Problem, PLEASE help!!!
            Tavana

Thanks for your response.

I looked at the event log and there seem to be critical power event but I suspect that was due to me holdinghte power button to reboot the system when this event occured.

Now i have reset the log and will run this again.

"You try to enable kernel dumps \ change the restart option for a blue screen."

>> I do not know how to do this?

"if you suspect the video card: it there a way to replace it temp to ensure that the card is the problem."

>> I am using the on-board video via HDMI port.  There are no cards installed.  It is surprising to crash in this manner since I do not get a frozen screen or a ble screen  I just get a lot of horizontal/vertical lines and boxes (kind of like when you are testing the video output of a card going thru various patterns).