Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

i7 2600k problem with help center and RMA

idata
Employee

Hello

I want send back to intel my processor because he is broken. I called to help center to get RMA number and that women say I need put my CPU to PC before she can take this CPU on RMA. Only I don't have motherboard because I sold all my parts from PC. What now? Intel cannot take this CPU without testing this on my PC?

Big Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

As per Warranty Policies, before approving the replacement of any Intel® product, the Technical Support Department needs to confirm that the unit is defective by confirming the behavior, the system configuration for compatibility, and isolate the problem with the troubleshooting required.

Our best recommendation is to complete this process to avoid you the charges of sending back a non-defective product.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, only I swap all my parts PSU, motherboard, RAM, graphic card, hdd, drivers, bios (all versions), operating systems ( windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit, xp) ( I can make new computer from parts) and when I swap CPU on new all problems disappeared (crashing app and very unstable system). I know this is CPU!

0 Kudos