4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 6:12 PM by tjg79

Matrix Storage Manager for Win7 x64?

sayaaah

Win 7 x64 on DX58SO Intel MB, RAID 1 on a pair of system drives. Recently, boot raid status seems to be stuck in "Rebuild" mode. How can I see what is going on from Win 7?  There is no download for the storage manager for this OS version. Some threads have indicated success with 8.8.0.1009 for Vista x64. I am paranoid that installing that driver will somehow mess up the system and/or destroy the raid vol.

• 1. Re: Matrix Storage Manager for Win7 x64?
          Flying_Kiwi

So back up all your valuable data to external media (you should be doing this regularly anyway) and then try the latest version of RST for your board. As long as everything is backed up, the worst you'll encounter is needing to perform a fresh install from scratch and restoring your data.

• 2. Re: Matrix Storage Manager for Win7 x64?
            edwardzh

It's now called Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST): http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20104

• 3. Re: Intel RST driver 10.1.0.1008 & DX58SO
              tjg79

I had a problem installing the RST 10.1.0.1008 driver on my DX58SO running Win7 Pro x64; the system would freeze on the Win7 black start-up screen. The solution recommended by an Intel tech support rep was to try the RST 11.0.0.1032 driver listed on the DX58OG & DX58SO2 driver download page. The version 11 driver solved the issue.

There are DX58OG & DX58SO2 downloads listed as applicable for the DX58SO that are not on the DX58SO page.

The DX58SO RST driver version 10.1.0.1008 is dated 11/29/2010. I think an update is in order.

The RST driver version 11.0.0.1032 is dated 2/10/2012.

When I first contacted Intel Support about my issue, the tech reps indicated my memory was not compatible with the cpu, i7-920.

http://communities.intel.com/thread/28235?tstart=30

That doesn't appear to be the case.

I think the problem is that Intel is not updating the drivers for the DX58SO as well as they are updating them for the other boards indicated above.

Regards

• 4. Re: Intel RST driver 10.1.0.1008 & DX58SO
                tjg79
                There are DX58OG & DX58SO2 downloads listed as applicable for the DX58SO that are not on the DX58SO page.

It appears Intel has resolved this issue. The downloads previously missing are now visible. Thank you Intel for taking care of this.

I hope Intel is working on an update for the DX58SO RST driver. The latest RST driver (version 10.1.0.1008) listed for the DX58SO doesn't work with the latest chipset driver installed for my board.

Regards