Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Driver update and monitor issues

idata
Employee

Hi, I just updated my G45 driver to the latest version (the drivers I had were very old, the ones shipped together with the pc) and I am now experiencing a very annoying issue.

I'm on a dual monitor setup, with the second monitor being the Samsung tv, connected via hdmi cable (primary is an acer lcd using vga cable)

Now, everytime I turn on the tv the Windows plug and play sound plays several time and the main monitor resolution seems to keep changing and resync several times before the process stops.

It looks like the signal from the tv is a little unstable while it's turning on and windows/drivers keep detecting the new attached monitor as if it was something new (and adjusting resolution in the meantime).

This didn't happen with the old drivers: resolution never changed while turning on/off monitors.

Both monitors are set to the same refresh frequency (60 Hz), different resolution, and are working properly otherwise.

I'm wondering: is there a way to stop or fix the autodetection while turning on the secondary monitor?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Just to add some more about the issue:

I found out the problem is probably about the new drivers turning on the monitor autodetection feature on the graphic card.

I also found out many graphic cards driver allow you to turn this feature off (ati + nvidia), but I didn't find the switch on the intel interface.

Is there a program/utility that can do that? Another version of the drivers?

Can this feature be implemented in the next drivers version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there anyone who knows how to ask for that feature to be implemented?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, I guess no one has any idea about this issue, thanks anyway for reading

0 Kudos