5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2012 10:30 AM by krakke

Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG

gpitts

I am running a DP67BG motherboard with an Intel Core i7-2600K processor. My system has been rock-solid up until the past several months, but recently I get sporadic dropouts of the mouse... the mouse seems to "die" anywhere from a fraction of a second to a couple of seconds. I had been running a Microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard combo, and assumed it was getting flaky, so I replaced it with a Logitech G510 keyboard and a R.A.T. 7 mouse (both wired). However, the new mouse exhibits precisely the same symptoms as my previous mouse. Clearly this is not an issue with the mouse, so it must be related to the hardware/BIOS I'm running. The BIOS is up to date (ver 2111), and my mouse is plugged into the standard USB 2.0 ports. I am not a newbie by any stretch, but I am really at a loss as to how to resolve this matter. I don't want to replace the motherboard, but I'm running out of ideas. HELP!!!!

• 1. Re: Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG
          Victor_Intel

Hello gpitts,

I understand that your mouse freezes or stops responding and you believe that this may be related to a BIOS bug.

In regards to the problem that you are experiencing, we have not received any reports of issues similar to yours or problems with the USB ports 2.0.

How did you determined that the problem is indeed related to the mouse as I believe that this may be the whole system freezing. Have you tried testing the motherboard out of the chassis to check for shorts or grounding?

Have you rolled out the operating system being the cause of the issue?

Please check if your RAM memory is 1333MHz at 1.5v, you may be having background problems that are giving you these freezes.

Regards.

PV

• 2. Re: Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG
            gpitts

Hi, yep - have removed board, installed fresh OS, etc. Memory is also fine (1.5V 1333 MHz). Generally memory issues cause BSODs rather than mouse glitching. I'm at my wit's end. My past Intel motherboards have been rock solid until this experience.

• 3. Re: Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG
              Flying_Kiwi

gpitts wrote:

My past Intel motherboards have been rock solid until this experience.

You mentioned this one has been as well up until a couple of months ago when the problem started so I don't think there's an inherent problem with the board itself (otherwise this forum would be flooded with similar posts from all the other users with this model of board). When you performed the fresh install, at what stage did the problem come back (after installing what software/drivers and in what order)? Tell us a little about how you performed this fresh install. Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different USB 2.0 port? I'd certainly be hanging onto the old keyboard and mouse because chances are there's nothing wrong with them (you could plug them into another PC to test them out).

• 4. Re: Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG
                sviri

I am running this board with a 2700k, and I am disappointed. Both my mouse and keyboard are intermittently not working as well. I update the board's firmware to the latest version and the problems went away for a solid week and a half. Now, the problems are creeping back up again.

There are plenty of people having issues with the USB 3 ports on this board also, found through googling the board's model number.

Anyone find a solution for this as of yet? I find myself unplugging my keyboard and mouse MANY times until the board "catches" them. Sometimes I have to restart my PC upwards of 10 times before the USB ports act stable.

This is pretty unfortunate and upsetting, because I spent the money on this setup in order to have the "most capable" experience, as coined by Intel. That's also why I bought a board made by them, to ensure I was providing the processor exactly what Intel recommends.

• 5. Re: Intermittent mouse issue on DP67BG
                  krakke

I have same problem with this board.

Mouse freezes, can unplug, plug back in, wont start, reboot needed.

Sometimes i can get the mouse back, if i unplug everything, but some devices wont recover.

Intel Core i7-2600K

Cyborg R.A.T 7

Logitech G35