2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 7:56 PM by anirudhks

DP45SG boots directly to BIOS only

anirudhks

Hi guys I have a DP45SG board , nothing has change , all of a suddent the system goes into setup menu by default ,and doesnt proceed further , If i load defaults and save it says please change the jumper to normal position and reboot , If i move the CMOS jumper to pin 1 and 2 the system doesnt not switch on at all , but if i remove the jumper or place it in pin 2 and 3 it boots to the BIOS again . please help!!!!

• 1. Re: DP45SG boots directly to BIOS only
          Victor_Intel

Hello anirudhks,

I understand that your system will boot in to maintenance mode every time that you turn it on and it wont matter if you change the BIOS jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.

At this point it seems like you are experiencing a BIOS corruption or short on the motherboard.

I recommend testing the system out of the chassis on top of a non-conductive surface; this could be a wooden table or a newspaper. Also while you are taking the motherboard out of the chassis, you can clear the cmos by removing the power cables from the motherboard ( 2x12 and 2x2) and the  cmos battery for an hour. Once you have the motherboard out of the chassis and cleared the cmos, we need to test the motherboard on a basic configuration, this means have the system as basic as we can. If the problem continues, please go ahead and perform a BIOS recovery, you can find the instructions at the following web site:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm?wapkw=BIOS%20recovery

Regards

PV

• 2. Re: DP45SG boots directly to BIOS only
            anirudhks

Thank you very much yes the board was shorting with a small metal screw in the chasis after removing it and changing the bios jumper it booted back to normal ...