3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 9:51 AM by Diego_Intel

Resolution, driver and Screensettings?

DonOlesen

Hi

I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite A200-1UV with Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

I have connected this Toshiba with my Samsung LED TV Full HD on which the screen is set to 16:9

The TV and the laptop is connected with a jackstick and a vga-cable with the purpose of renting movies, etc and see these on the TV

Now I would like to have a resolution usable for 16:9 format so that a small part of the picture isn't dissappearing in the left side of the screen

Therefore I firstly tried to update using Intel online tool where it finds the latest driver and update it but pretty fast I am told an error has occured and on Intel page I am linked to an update of Java which I cannot connect to either.

Then I manually on intel.com found 2 download options for my driver - the same name but one ending on .exe and the other ending on .zip and

I choosed the one called .exe

I restarted my laptop but I still haven't got an option in 16:9 format

Before all this I used Windows controlpanel where I got the message "The best software for the unit is already installed" after asking for an update

My wish is to choose and option in 16:9 format and could such a resolution be a Full HD resolution it would be perfect as my TV is Full HD?

Yours Per

• 1. Re: Resolution, driver and Screensettings?
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Before moving any further, could you please clarify what do you refer as having the TV connected to the system with a jackstick and a vga-cable? Are you referring to a type of adapter or converter?

• 2. Re: Resolution, driver and Screensettings?
            DonOlesen

hi -

I might not understand your question but will try with this answer:

I have connected my Samsung TV to my laptop Toshiba Satellite A200-1UV

There is no HDMI plug in the Toshiba laptop so I have used a VGA cable to transfer picture to the TV and a jackstick to transfer sound to the TV

I can set the TV to the format 16:9 but non of the resolutions available is compatible with this format

The situation now is that I can see rented movies etc which I transfer from my laptop to my TV but about 5% of the picture on the left cannot be seen.

I think it is because I use a resolution called 1600x1200 which divided gives a format called 4:3 which doesnt fill out my Samsung TV-screen at all because it has the format 16:9

In the controlpanel where I can adjust the screensettings I can read the the card or the driver is supported to 1280 x 800 (60 Hz) - so could it might be that the chip doesnt support the resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD?

I am just an amateur so please ask me for more if you need it

Yours

Per

• 3. Re: Resolution, driver and Screensettings?
              Diego_Intel

Hello again,

The graphics controller drivers will support just about any video modes (within reason) that the Monitor's EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) claims to support, as well as modes defined within the Video BIOS Table (VBT), plus a basic set of static modes (mostly for monitors with no EDID):  640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200.

First, we suggest installing the latest monitor drivers. Then visit your motherboard manufacturer or system vendor's web page and  download the latest BIOS update. Installing this will update your VBIOS  as well and should facilitate interaction between the graphics  controller hardware and the latest drivers.  Also, make sure that you  have the latest monitor drivers installed (*.inf drivers).  After this  is done, please reinstall the latest drivers for your graphics  controller.

Intel makes available generic versions of the Intel® graphics  drivers. However, Intel always recommends that you check with your  computer manufacturer and use the latest Intel graphics driver provided  by your computer manufacturer.  Your computer manufacturer may have  altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes  in the drivers they provide for your computer. To avoid any potential  installation incompatibilities on your computer, Intel recommends that  you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver  provided by your computer manufacturer.

If you have already tried the latest driver from your  computer manufacturer and would like to try instead the generic Intel  graphics driver, you may download the latest generic driver from the  Intel Download Center:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000%2f2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=3310&FamilyId=39

If during the installation of the Intel generic drivers you get this message: "driver not validated on this computer", go here for further instructions:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

If none of these suggestions make a difference, please copy-paste the graphics report generated within the Intel(R) Graphics User Interface.  For information on how to retrieve this report, please visit the following page:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm

Please be aware that selecting a video mode that cannot be displayed  correctly may lead to monitor damage or a display that is unusable.

The above information can be reviewed in more detail at the following URL:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022544.htm