1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2012 9:55 AM by mechbob

Help backing a RAID 0 drive

idougal

Hello,

I bought a new computer that came with a RAID drive using Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz with Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit and Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.0.0.1008 set as Aray_0000 RAID 0 932 GB

On my old computers, I bought a duplicate drive and cloned the drive periodically so if I had a failure I could swap it out and keep going.

I bought 2 new drives with the identical model number of the existing drives, went to the bios and temporarily switched the drives out of RAID mode and then cloned each drive using the DOS version of HDClone Professional 4.1.

I replaced the two drives with the clones, switched the bios back to RAID, and started the computer.  The RAID Bios did not recognize the new drives at all and seemed to only give me the option of deleting the information when I went to the configuration.  I tried switching the clones in case they were backwards and same result.

I have scoured the help section and the forums, contacted the PC manufacturer, and HDClone and can't find the answer to this question. How can I create a RAID backup that will allow me to quickly swap out the bad components and run from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris