Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

X3100/GMA965 Graphics Driver Update...help

idata
Employee

I'm starting to go crazy. I ordered a used Dell Latitude 630 off of ebay. It works fine, it's fast, it's all good...except I wanna update the graphics card so i can do a few more things. I have been trying for days and for the life of me I can't get this to work.

When I go to the downnload center I choose the

Product Family: Graphics

Product Line: Laptop Graphics Controller

Product Name: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Download Type: Drivers

Then I usually choose exe and if I run it I get a message telling me that "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software"

if I choose to save the exe files and unzip them and go through installing manually wit the "have disk" option, I get a message that says

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software to your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered problems while trying to

install it.

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

The driver selected for this device does not support this version of windows.

It doesn't make any sense. And it's really really annoying, please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

We have tested the latest generic driver for the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, driver version 8.15.10.1930 and no similar issues have been seen or reported.

This message usually happens when you try to install a x32 driver over a x64 platform or the other way around. Also when the system does not report an Intel(R) product being installed. In a more rare situation the operating system may be corrupted and therefore the system is unable to properly identify the hardware on the system.

I suggest you to check properly what the operating system installed on the system and check with your laptop manufacturer to validate that in fact you have an Intel(R) controller on your system.

The generic drivers for the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family are available at:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+965+Express+Chipset+Family&ProdId=2800&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+965+Express+Chipset+Family&ProdId=2800&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

0 Kudos