Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How do you install update for LAN driver on DH67CL board with 82579V Gigabit Ethernet?

PWert
Valued Contributor I

My current driver version is 11.15.12.0. The new driver is version 11.15.16.0

The new driver comes with PRO Network Connections LAN driver ver. 16.8.1 listed for DH67CL board at the Intel download center. The file is PROWinx64.

The file downloads, the wizard extracts the files and gives me a choice of modify or uninstall current driver. I select modify and the wizard installs and finishes. I check Device Manager and it shows my current driver still installed.

Should I uninstall the current driver? Any other suggestions? Thanks!! Peter

0 Kudos
8 Replies
rreno
New Contributor I

I'm having the exact same problem updating the network driver on my DZ68BC motherboard running Windows 7 64-bit. Device Manager shows old version 11.15.12.0 both before and after running the PROWinX64 installer. Also tried uninstalling first and then reinstalling the new version, with the same unchanged result. Maybe a bug in the installer download?

0 Kudos
PWert
Valued Contributor I

Renormalize - If I go to Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features I find Intel Network Connections 16.8.46.0. I wonder what would happen if I uninstalled this Program which I think contains the old drivers. Then I might be able to update. Any thoughts on this? Regards. Peter

0 Kudos
rreno
New Contributor I

Hi Peter--

Per your suggestion, I used the Unistall Program function in the Control Panel to remove the Intel Network Connections 16.8.46.0 program, and then followed by running the latest PROWinx64 download to reinstall. But the result is still the same: Device Manager shows 82579V driver version 11.15.12.0 both before and after. I think there's a problem with the PROWinx64 installer file.

Ron

0 Kudos
PWert
Valued Contributor I

Hi Ron - Post 54 of this thread /message/150629# 150629 http://communities.intel.com/message/150629# 150629 sends you to a different download page for the update. I have not tried it yet. Regards. Peter

0 Kudos
PWert
Valued Contributor I

Ron - I uninstalled Intel Network Connections v.16.8.46.0 and installed the PRO Network Connections LAN driver, found at the link in the previous post. The update was successful. Regards. Peter

0 Kudos
rreno
New Contributor I

Hi Peter--

Thanks for the referral to the other download page for the PROWinx64 installer; it did the trick! I now have the latest network driver version 11.15.16.0 running on my DZ68BC board.

Ron

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"PROWin7_64_v16.8.exe" and "PROWin7_64_v16.8.1.exe" are 100% identical.

0 Kudos