2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 10:10 PM by BraveLeo

Intel DP43BF Won't Boot Windows 7/Won't Display

Bran_Camp

I'm trying to get my new computer up and running, but I'm having a couple of problems.

First, here is my build:

Motherboard:

Intel DP43BF

Processor:

Intel QX9650

Memory (part number):

4GB of CM3X2G1600C9DHX (2x2GB) 1600MHz, version 1.2

Video Card #1:

EVGA 02G-P3-1469-KR GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card 2GB GDDR5

Hard Drive #1:

Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM Sata 3.0Gb/s

Hard Drive #2:

Crucial CT064M4SSD2 m4 2.5" Solid State Drive - 64GB, SATA 6Gb/s

Optical Drive #1:

TSST Corp DVD RW

Case:

NZXT H2-001-BK H2 Classic

Power Supply:

Ultra LSP 650

Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Now here are my issues:

After I completed building the computer and turned it on for the first time it booted up Windows 7 off my Hitachi HDD, which I installed from my previous computer. The whole system worked fine.

Then I booted from my Windows 7 DVD and proceeded to erase and format the drive for a fresh Windows install. The installation was a success, so it seemed, until the computer restarted after the new install completed.

After getting through the bios screen the computer then stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left-hand corner indefinitely.

I read people were having RAM issues, so I shut down the computer and restarted with only one stick of RAM in place. Now the computer starts up, fans, lights and all, but it won't display anything at all.

Here are my questions:

Should I buy/try new RAM?

I'm not getting any error beeps, and the computer originally started up just fine. My problems didn't arise until after I tried to boot up after a fresh Windows install.

I've also updated the bios from 0070, the original, to 0086, then finally to 0088, which is the latest version.

I know my GPU works, and I've also tried my older video card in this new build and am still getting no display.

Could this be an issue with my power supply?

Additionally, am I going to run into problems with my Quad Core 9650 Processor? I've read people on this forum complaining the DP43BF motherboard won't recognize more than two cores.

I'm considering asking Intel for an RMA and searching for another motherboard.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Intel DP43BF Won't Boot Windows 7/Won't Display
          mechbob

According to Intel the QX9650 is not compatable with your board. Prob. has to do with the watts the QX9650 is 130 watts , I would get a Q9550 95 watts.         If you want to run the QX9650 , you would need a DX48BT2 , discontuined , but availble on ebay , $200.00 New.

• 2. Re: Intel DP43BF Won't Boot Windows 7/Won't Display
            BraveLeo

I had the same problem, but after 3 days of madness I have found the solution...brace for it now...It's your OS!...yah your OS! For some strange reason MS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 & x32 will not finish installing using the "Intel DP43BF" Motherboard. I do not have a Windows 7 Home or Pro DVD to test, but I had my old "Vista Home Premium x64" threw it in & now I'm up & running like a champ!

My Computer:

Motherboard - Intel DP43BF

CPU - Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz

RAM - 4gb (2 x 2gb) Corsair XMS3 DDR3

GPU - 1gb nVidia GeForce 9500GT

HDD - 1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA

Optical - Sony CDR-RW/DVD Burner SATA

Power - 450watts

OS - Now! MS Windows Vista Home Premium...for now.

P.S. If anyone happens to get Windows 7 Home or Pro working on it please reply...Thank you & good luck all.