1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 9:24 PM by BraveLeo

Trouble w/DP43BF Motherboard

Bran_Camp

I'm trying to get my new computer up and running, but I'm having problems getting Windows 7 to boot and also getting the computer to display anything on my monitor.

First, here is my build:

Motherboard:

Intel DP43BF

Processor:

Intel QX9650

Memory (part number):

CM3X2G1600C9DHX (2x2GB)

Video Card # 1:

EVGA 02G-P3-1469-KR GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card 2GB GDDR5

Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM Sata 3.0Gb/s

Hard Drive # 2:

Crucial CT064M4SSD2 m4 2.5" Solid State Drive - 64GB, SATA 6Gb/s

Optical Drive # 1:

TSST Corp DVD RW

Case:

NZXT H2-001-BK H2 Classic

Power Supply:

Ultra LSP 650

Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Now here are my issues. After I completed building the computer and turned it on for the first time it booted up Windows 7 off my Hitachi HDD, which I installed from my previous computer. It worked fine. Then I booted from my Windows 7 DVD, then erased and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows install. The installation was a success, so it seemed, until the computer restarted after the new install completed.

After the BIOS loaded the computer got stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left-hand corner indefinitely. I restarted numerous times with the same exact result.

I read people were having RAM issues, so I shut down the computer and restarted with only one stick of RAM in place. Now the computer starts up, fans, lights and all, but it won't display anything on my monitor.

I know both of my monitors work.

I also know my GPU works, and I've also tried an older video card in this build. Still no display.

I've also upgraded my BIOS from 0070, which was the original, to 0086, and finally to 0088, the latest version.

Here are my questions:

Should I try new RAM?

I'm not getting any error beeps, and the computer originally started up just fine. My problems didn't arise until after I tried to boot up after a fresh Windows install.

Additionally, am I going to run into problems with my Quad Core 9650 Processor? I've read people on this forum complaining the DP43BF motherboard won't recognize more than two cores.

And one last thing, could this be an issue with my power supply?

I'm very upset and confused, and I've spent a lot of time and money on this computer already.

I'm considering asking Intel for an RMA and searching for another motherboard.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Trouble w/DP43BF Motherboard
          BraveLeo

I just bought & installed a new"Intel DP43BF" Motherboard & "Corsair" Memory & I too have the exact same problem...when finalizing Windows 7, after the last reboot, just before the desktop it hangs at the black screen with blinking white curser. All my other hardware works fine, BIOS settings are set to "Default" with Boot #1 = CD/DVD, #2 = HDD.

I've tried "Startup Repair" no luck, I've tried the memory trick with no success, I've tried disconnecting all unnecessary hardware (ex. USB's, T.V. Tuner, Card Reader) same. I've even tried installing drivers for Motherboard & Video Card in "Safe Mode" which by the way can only be accessed by hitting [F8] (with Windows 7 DVD in)...without the DVD it goes strait to the famous black screen with blinking white curser, but drivers won't install. I made sure before buying Motherboard & Memory that everything would be compatible.

My Computer:

*Motherboard - Intel DP43BF (NEW)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad 775 Q9300 2.5ghz-1333fsb-64bit-95W maxTDP

*RAM - 4gb (2 x 2gb) Corsair XMS3 (TW3X4G1333C9-G) DDR3-1333mhz-1.5v-Dual Channel (NEW)

GPU - 1gb nVidia GeForce 9500GT PCIe16x 2.0-DDR2-800mhz-128bit

HDD - 1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA

Optical - Sony CDR-RW/DVD Burner SATA

Power Supply - XION 450watts

OS - MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit-DVD

*Replaced Hardware:

Motherboard - ASUS P5N73-AM

RAM - 4gb (2 x 2gb) Kingston KVR (KVR800D2N5) DDR2-800mhz-1.8v-Dual Channel

I too am hoping for any helpful solution soon before my 10-Day return policy is up.