3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 9:32 AM by Diego_Intel RSS

Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel

Rhoon Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on this one. I have a series of laptops which run the Intel HD Graphics 3000 chipset and the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel 6.14.10.5328 (Windows XP). I've set the laptops up to use an external (and only the external Monitor) when in a docking station and this works fine for all users everytime EXCEPT when a new user on the laptop first logs in.

Is there a way to set a Profile (with all the settings I want) for all users to pull from? I'm not seeing an option in the driver itself, so I'm looking at ways to automate this via scripts/.bat files.

Is there an easy way to do this (without installing third party applications or using hotkeys).

Thanks..

• 1. Re: Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel
    Diego_Intel Community Member

Hello,

The "display profile" option that is available on the Intel(R) Graphics and Media control panel and driver will only take effect on the user account where it was created.

In this case every new account added to the system will need to be manually configured with those settings.

Another possibility would need to check with the computer manufacturer to see if there would be a way to enable this configuration through the system Video BIOS of the system so it would work in all accounts when the docking station is installed.

• 2. Re: Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel
    Rhoon Community Member

Hi Diego,

Appreciate the info.

Would there happen to be a command line switches available with the current driver set out there? I believe at one point there was a switch /SchemeName:<schemename> which would allow you to change profiles/schemes. Has this functionality been totally removed/disabled?

Thanks again in advance.

Andrew

• 3. Re: Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel
    Diego_Intel Community Member

Hello again,

By now there are no command lines to invoke these profiles. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I wanted to let know know that we are aware of such limitation and therefore there might be upcoming updates that include such option, however by now there is no information to know when this would be available.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points