1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 12:45 AM by gkeawe

Intel RST issue

dsnooks

I installed Intel RST using the CD that came with my ASUS P8Z68-V LX. This caused me to lose the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon. I searched extensively for a solution, but the only way I have found to restore that icon is to uninstall Intel RST.

If anyone knows a way to run RST and still have the ability to eject hard drives I would love to hear about it. 

• 1. Re: Intel RST issue
          gkeawe

I don't have a resolution to your issue, but your post interested me because I'm running an Asus P8Z68-V and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and I still have my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon. My installed version of Intel RST is version 10.8.0.1003 which I obtained from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=20625&keyword=RST&lang=eng

I checked my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon and the only thing I have that I can eject is my USB DVD RW, and when I do eject the DVD RW the door opens up, when it does the icon disappears until I close it again. I have three drives in a RAID-0 accelerated by an Intel SSD and another internal 1TB drive and they don't show up as being ejectable under the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

What operating system are you running? if Windows 7 is Service Pack 1 installed? Let me know ok, feel free to email me at glenn_keawe@cox.net

Glenn M. Keawe

Personal IT Support Services

CompTia A+, Security + Certified

ITILv3 Foundation Certified

Message was edited by: Glenn Keawe