1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2012 2:39 AM by ceh4702

How do I prevent my laptop screen from going black when I connect an HDMI cable?

orthoqueen12

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion dv7-6175us laprop and a new Rocketfish HDMI cable. When I first used it, the laptop would project the same page onto the TV; I am using the laptop to watch Netflix. Now when I connect the cable, my laptop screen goes black and I have to look at the TV to start my show. What am I doing wrong? This ahppens as soon as I connect the cable. Is the cable bad? Any assistance would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: How do I prevent my laptop screen from going black when I connect an HDMI cable?
          ceh4702

Try going into the graphics properties.  There should be some options.  When you have 2 monitors, you should be able to chose, if your laptop is dual monitor capable, to use two monitors and simply display what you see on the laptop onto the tv or other screen.  There is another option to send the monitor to the TV, and probably a third option to use both as one large screen.  You want to choose the one where you are just displaying the same thing in both places.  Good Luck.