1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 10:06 AM by Diego_Intel

Win XP does not loaded due to Sata driver Issue

Rajasekar2012

Hi,

I try to install windows xp in one of the system of intel desktop I-G41-uATX motherboard.While loading the operating system XP,the system hangs (setup is starting windows).

I need the sata drivers for F6 option for this above mentioned motherboard of 32 bit XP operating system.

Also In that Bios version,the sata controller has been enabled or disabled option.There is no option for setting AHCI,IDE or ATA mode.

Pls provide the latest bios for this motherboard.pls check and do the needful on priority.

Regards,

Rajasekar

• 1. Re: Win XP does not loaded due to Sata driver Issue
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Intel(R) Desktop Boards based on the G41 chipset do not have the option on BIOS to enable AHCI, IDE or RAID mode since the only option they support is IDE and that is defined as default and cannot be changed.

In this case, no special SATA drivers are required to install Microsoft* Windows* XP. Just make sure that you are using Service Pack 2 at least and check with your local support on further troubleshooting with this issue.

Contact information for Intel(R) Desktop Boards near your location is available at:

http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm