1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 9:58 AM by Diego_Intel

vertex shader issues.

siccoblue

hey guys so i have the Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset and i was looking up a game on system requirements lab for some reason its telling me that my vertex shader version is 0.0 but i was looking at the supported drivers for it on this site and it says that my chipset supports vertex and pixel shader version 2.0, any idea why this isnt working? its driving me insane ive researched and researched but i cant find anything on it

• 1. Re: vertex shader issues.
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Please bear in mind that this product has reached its End of Interactive Support so Intel no longer provides interactive support for this product via telephone, forum, chat or e-mail.

As specified on this site:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-014257.htm?wapkw=vertex%20shader

That video controller supports software based vertex shader, which means that this is supported through the driver and running through the processor on the system.

Some video games or applications require hardware based processing which implies that this is done by the video controller.

In this case you should confirm this with the video game developer and check if in fact this would be enough to be able to support the game on your system.