1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2012 1:28 PM by Victor_Intel

Installing Windows 7 on an SSD with Intel Atom boards

dwalker

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a Cavalry SSD on both a D945GCLF2 board as well as a D510MO board.  When Windows setup asks for the install location, the drive (connected via SATA II) does not appear to be recognized and I am prompted to install drivers for the SATA controller.  Other SATA II HDDs and SSDs have worked in this configuration in the past (even on the same boards) but these just won't be recognized.

Does anyone have advice on what I should do to get the SSD to be recognized?

• 1. Re: Installing Windows 7 on an SSD with Intel Atom boards
          Victor_Intel

Hello dwalker.

I understand that you are experiencing issues installing Windows* 7 on a Cavalry* Solid-State Drive using an Intel(R) Desktop Board D945GCLF2 and a Intel(R) Desktop Board D510MO.

In regards to your inquire, I can confirm that both motherboards will be able to utilize Solid-State Drives that meet the SATA 2.0 standard to install the operating system. Unfortunately we don't have any additional reports of issues like yours with other brands of Solid-State Drives.

Windows* when not able to recognize a suitable storage device will promp you to load drivers for a SATA controller, this seems to me like Windows* is not able to recognize the drive. I recommend you to contact the manufacturer of the Solid-State Drive and request for assistance as they may have received this error in the past.

Regards.

PV