6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2012 8:02 AM by Yups

Is Graphics Media Acceleration Driver  v.2622 download applicable to the Core i7  2600 k processor?

pwertz

The Graphics Media Accelerator Driver ver. 15.22.54.64.2622 is found at the download center under Product Family = Graphics, Product Line = Desktop Graphic Controllers and Product Name = HD Graphics.

The READ ME and RELEASE NOTES state the download is applicable to i3 and i5 processors,among others, but DOES NOT include the i7 desktop processor.

The Purpose section of the Detailed Description contained in the download INCLUDES the second generation Core i7 processor as applicable to the update. Is it?

Why is this update only found at the above location in downloads and not in the automated section that automatically detects and updates drivers or in the download section where you enter with Family = Desktop Boards, Line = Series 6 Chipset, etc.

As the owner of a DH67CL board with the i7-2600k processor my experiences with the Intel Support (Downloads), especially BIOS updates,  have been very disappointing. Regards. Peter