3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 6:11 AM by ssiadat

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS DP67BG, 2600K, BOOT PROBLEM

suiminkam

Processor: i7 2600k

Motherboard: DP67BG ( i dont remember with version of the bios is but is before the 2111 so i can change overclock settings)

Video Card: XFX 5850

Cooler: Antec kuhler 920

RAM: 1 x 4gb Kingston 1333mhz

PSU: Super Talent 700w

Everything worked fine with this computer, everything! with none overclock (1 month).

The problem occured when I set auto tune on the intel extreme tuning utility for my 2600k, lots of reboots... (normal) and then, while the program was running, suddenly my pc shut down (all stopped working). So when i turned on my pc I noticed that only the first 3 yellow lights (diagnostic leds are 7) on my mobo were turned on and the POST was E6 but the worst part is that nothing showed on my screen monitor =S but my mobo and the fans and the 3 lights and the POST were running. Please guys i dont know what to do, help me.

SORRY MY ENGLISH

PS: WHEN I TAKE MY 5850 VIDEO CARD OFF FROM MY MOBO AND TURNED IT ON I HEAR 2 BIPS, AND THEN 2 MORE BIPS AND THEN ALL MY DIAGNOSTIC LEDS WORKS BUT Y CANT SEE ANYTHING ON MY SCREEN CAUSE OF MY VGA IS NOT NI THERE, HELP ME GUYS.

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP ME GUYS DP67BG, 2600K, BOOT PROBLEM
          JoeZipp

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

Enter DP67BG to search for the proper page

Click on Documentation

Click on Documentation and Manuals

Download and print DP67BG_Perftuningguide01.pdf

This is a link to the Intel Performance Tuning Guide. Download and print it. Go to page 11 sec. 3.4 and start from there.

And by the way you hijacked my avatar please change it. JZ

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP ME GUYS DP67BG, 2600K, BOOT PROBLEM
            Parabellum

Try installing some old regular PCI video card. Install it to PCI slot (not PCI-E!) and you good to go. Boot with it - you should be able to see signal on you monitor and change settings in BIOS, boot to windows and download BIOS 2040 version - it is stable and with has no problems with overclocking and video signals.

Use instructions and flash you BIOS back to 2040 version using F7 procedure.

during this process - leave only one memory module installed (in case you have several).

• 3. Re: PLEASE HELP ME GUYS DP67BG, 2600K, BOOT PROBLEM
              ssiadat

I know this is relatively old... but just in case someone happens upon it with the same issue: These Intel DP67BG motherboards have a button in the back that is called BACK2BIOS... if you mess up tuning and get a BSOD or some other error like a reboot loop, just push the button in (its the white square one on the back above the USB ports) and reboot. The LED will be red and will take you straight back to bios. Its kinda like finding the jumpers on the motherboard but they made a convenient button. Discovered this after doing the same thing you did with the auto tuning. Now i just manual tune. Use that button very frequently trying to find the limits. I call it the OHH SH** button haha. Once you fix the config in bios, or reset defaults if you dont know what is messing it up, then save and exit. Disable the button in the back (Back2Bios) and then restart. Should boot up fine. If you dont have a back to bios button, then there will be jumpers on the motherboard, usually, that you can change to have the same effect. Makes sure in the performance menu in bios that you enable the "Watchdog" as well.