Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Locally unprovision a vPro device through software

idata
Employee

Hello,

How can I unprovision a device locally through the HECI driver? Is there a utility that allows me to do this? I've tried resetting the CMOS on a HP dc7900 multiple times, by pulling the battery, and using the CMOS reset button. This hasn't reset the MEBx password for some odd reason. I did log into the MEBx and performed a full unprovision, and there is no provisioning record available, but the ConfigMgr client oobmgmt.log still reports that the device is already provisioned.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Howdy,

To reset the BIOS, what I do is unplug the machine and hit the power button. With it still

unplugged, remove the battery from the mobo, and look for a CMOS Reset button. I've never

touched a 7900, but I have a 7800 and there is a yellow button. Press and hold the button

down and count to 5 slowly (1 Mississippi 2... works good) and once you reboot I've found

that it resets the ME just fine.

Even though you reset the ME firmware, it doesn't remove the record from SCCM. I'm not

exactly sure how to go about that, but I am sure it's because of the record still in the database.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the response Johnny.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

PEBKAC. Move along, nothing to see here.

It kept re-provisioning against one of my other site servers, because before my holiday vacation, I had manually assigned it to another site code for testing.

I'd still be interested in knowing if it's possible to reset the MEBx through software though. It would be very handy.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos