Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Dell Latitude D630C - Reset ME Firmware

idata
Employee

Hello,

Simple question: How do you reset the Management Engine to factory defaults on a Dell Latitude D630C?

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MManz4
Beginner

Here is what Dell Latitude D630c can do for un-provision:

The Un-Provision option allows you to reset the Intel AMT configuration to factory defaults. There are three types of un-provision:

• Partial Un-provision – This option resets all of the Intel AMT settings to their default values but leaves the PID/PPS. The MEBx password remains untouched.
  • Full Un-provision – This option resets all of the Intel AMT settings to their default values. If a PID/PPS value is present, both values are lost. The MEBx password remains untouched.
  • CMOS clear – This un-provision option is not available in the MEBx. This option clears all values to their default values. If a PID/PPS is present, both values are lost. The MEBx password resets to the default value (admin). To invoke this option, you need to clear the CMOS (i.e. system board jumper).

What you need for reset to factoty default (easy to check that works, just test that password is admin afther the CMOS clear) is the CMOS clear.

To perform this you need to remove the keyboard and under the keyboard you can find the coin battery, unplug it form motherboard, wait for 8 minutes (at least I tested with 8 minutes) and it works. Note that this will clear all your CMOS so if in the setup is something special write it before the CMOS clear to restore later to the dessired value.

Rgds

Marcos Manzano

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the response. I couldn't find any documentation on Dell's support site about where to reset the CMOS.

Trevor

0 Kudos