The HP 7800's are getting updated with the 1.26 BIOS FW. The ME FW is shipping with 3.0.x, but we are
updating it to 3.2.1. I know they released 3.2.2, but I haven't tested with it. We have Dell 755's in the same
boat. With the Dell's, we are updating the BIOS to A11. The Dell BIOS update also includes the ME FW
and brings it up to 3.2.1. At the moment, Dell has not made a BIOS update with 3.2.2 included.
Because we are at a bit of a stand still, we haven't started with a production implementation. I do, however,
have a proof of concept lab that is self contained so we avoid issues with putting it on our production wire.
Right now, I have an SCCM SP1 Server in a VM that is set up to do provisioning. It's been tested and verified
on both the 7800's and the 755's.
The setting that was changed is Intel AMT Configuration>TCP/IP>Disable Network Interface>Y
Like I said earlier, we put the cart before the horse because we were waiting for SCCM SP1 to be able to do
the in band provisioning through the SCCM Client. Becuase there was a gap, we were not ready to do the
provisioning. Because the interfaces were enabled, they were creating duplicate DNS records and creating
problems with a major application.
I hope this helps.
I'm not sure if you missed it, but the menus that I used to get to the setting werei n this order:
Intel AMT Configuration> TCP/IP> Disable Network Interface> Y
All the other settings are left as default. We were primarily concerned with the bad DNS entries
flaring up. That really is the only change that I am concerned with.