Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Is newer drivers for Intel HD coming?

idata
Employee

I basicly want to know if Intel is coming with a newer driver for Intel HD graphics card soon or basicly will the 2509 be the last driver they make.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Well I guess the one I' am using is the 2559 but since Intel doesn't have it on there drivers page unless you search for it apparently the 2559 was a misstake driver so I just wondered if the 2509 was the best or will Intel come up with a newer driver that is better than the 2559 or the 2509?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So I guess from what I saw from someone posting about if new driver is coming for Intel HD no one knows looks like. Well is the 2509 better or the 2559 then? Since just because one is newer doesn't mean it's better and I just want to know which is the best to use. Right now I been using the 2559 but I just wonder if anyone knows if the 2509 is any better or the same.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel pulled the 2559 driver because it had issues so I was told by someone on the chat on this site. They better put out a new driver since the current one has many issues outputting to HDMI. I have to use the VGA being the HD 3000 reports my HP monitor as a digital TV and overscans the crap out of it. Sure I can use custom scaling options but the text is blurry and the picture looks like crap. I wish I had configured my Toshiba P740 with the nvidia card. Now I am at the mercy of Intel and their poor driver support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's not the only problem with the current 2509 driver. Also the aspect scaling isn't right since if I play games the screen doesn't strech like it's suppose to unless the res is 1366x768 so basicly anything under it looks funny and everything looks skinny. My screen size is a 15.5 inch so the max res is 1366x768.

0 Kudos