3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 3:12 PM by Flying_Kiwi

DG43NB no video output/No post

Extreme_Facepainter

Hi everyone,

i just recently got my custom desktop a new power supply to replace the old one.  The desktop bas not worked since March of last year, since it broke in May. Now I can get all the fans to run, I hear the HDDs running, but no video signal from the motherboard. I have tried the onboard Graphics and a Graphics card, with no results. Also I can remember from when it did work that there was a BEEP whenever all ghe hardware all started running. Now I dont hear that clear beep. I built this computer from when I was in te 4th grade and do not want to see it die.  Could all these be symptons of a faulty motherboard?

• 1. Re: DG43NB no video output/No post
          Flying_Kiwi

What happened when it broke (what were the surrounding circumstances) and how come it's not been working since March yet it broke in May... or was that the year before

Why did you buy a new PSU for it - what diagnosis was that purchase based on and what PSU did you get? FWIW I've got a mainboard in one of my PCs which behaves as you've described from time to time but only since I replaced the PSU with a different brand and model to the old one - in short your motherboard may not be dead, we need to look at this deeper.

PS I'm unfamiliar with what age '4th grade when you built the PC' means you are now but if it's young, have you asked your mother or father for help with this?

• 2. Re: DG43NB no video output/No post
            Extreme_Facepainter

i mixed up may and March and 4th grade was 4 years ago. I have asked them and I havent gotten any advice. It completely just shut down and would not do anything. I then bought a new power supply because the old one was completely bust. 

• 3. Re: DG43NB no video output/No post
              Flying_Kiwi

Extreme_Facepainter wrote:

It completely just shut down and would not do anything. I then bought a new power supply because the old one was completely bust.

Shut down after what happened? The old PSU was completely bust how - ie how do you know and what went wrong with it?