1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 11:38 PM by maicokid

Help overclocking with DZ68BC

jayjr1105

Well I have a stable (12+ hour Prime95) overclock of 4.5Ghz @ 1.32 Vcore with awesome temps.  Right there I know the board must be pretty darn good.  However I am still having trouble with some BIOS options.  I find the Performance section kind of confusing.  I cannot for the life of me get a stable 4.2+ without settings the voltage to static...  If I set a dynamic voltage with an offset to compensate for when Turbo kicks in I am getting 0x124 Blue Screens or windows won't load at all.  I would really like to figure it out so that when my system idles at 1.6Ghz the voltage would go down under 1.0v and when I start something like prime95 or Skyrim, the voltage would bump to my desired 1.3x volts.  The only time I got close to stability while using Dynamic was when I set the dynamic to 0.200 and the offset to something like 80mV.  This was stable at 4.2Ghz but then during Idle my voltage would only go down to the 1.2 set Dynamically (0.200).  Any help would be much appreciated.  I am an active member of other overclocking forums but It is hard to get help in a sea of Asus and Gigabyte motherboards.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help overclocking with DZ68BC
          maicokid

Read your note on the motherboard.  I apologize I can't help but I wondered if you could answer a question.  Believe it not I have been trying to get an answer  for weeks.  I want to buy this board but I agree with you it is tough getting answers with all the Asus and Gigabyte out there.  Those two appear to me to have bad service and 20% or higher fail rates.  I am getting a i5-2500K and wondered just how much the board allows overclocking.  I am not interested in going crazy but want to overclock the processer and board but read that that can't be done alot.  I see you said 4.5MHZ so is that a 2600k or 2500k.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.