3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 4:26 PM by rbroders

HDMI connection to AVReceiver moves windows and forgets multi-channel audio config when off

rbroders

I have a wall mounted Core i5 M520 Touchscreen computer I am using for home automation and as a home theater PC.  The system is also connected to a multi-channel amplifier and sends music throughout my house.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.  I am currently running Intel HD Graphics driver 8.15.10.2559, but 2509 has the same problem.

The system connects to my Onkyo TX-NR708 AV Receiver and a VIZIO LED/LCD TV.

When I start the system, I run Zoom Player Max fullscreen on the TV, and CQC Interface Viewer fullscreen on the Touchscreen.  Everything works great.

However, when I shut off the TV/Receiver, the Intel Graphics Driver shuts down the display and the Zoom Player window moves to the Touchscreen Display, behind the CQC window.  Also, while the audio device remains, it becomes a 2-channel device.  Plus, the Touchscreen display flashes, and the "Device Disconnect" sound plays throughout my house.

When I want to watch a movie, I have to turn on the TV/Receiver (listen to the Device Connect sound playing throughout my house), un-fullscreen CQC, un-fullscreen Zoom Player, move Zoom Player to my TV, fullscreen Zoom Player, and I also have to re-configure the TX-NR708 audio device as 7.1 channel, finally I mst  fullscreen CQC.

Also, when my Cable Box wakes up to record a program, it interrogates the TV which causes the Device Connect/Disconnect sounds to echo throughout my house.

The intel driver does not forget about the TV when it is off.  The display still shows up in the driver screen, and the extended desktop configuration is not lost.  However, the display is removed, and this forces Windows to relocate all windows that were on the display.  Also, losing the multi-channel configuration on the audio device is killer.  Frankly, I would like to disable Plug-N-Play HDMI auto-detect from the Intel driver.  Once the system has been detected, there is no need to delete the display on power-off or redetect on power-on.  A checkbox on the driver screen would be ideal, but a registry parameter would work as well.

Thanks -- Bob