2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 2:05 PM by Andy4834

DZ68DB does Consumer IR (CIR) output work

Andy4834

Hi

I have a DZ68DB, latest BIOS running Windows 7 32 bit ultimate. I am using the consumer IR (CIR) headers for IR control. The input header is working fine with appropriate IR hardware and software but the output header does not seem to work. I have checked with a digital scope / logic analyzer and used Microsoft windows driver device test software (WDK) and there does not seem to be any modulated output on either port. Strangely, enabling / disabling the CIR function in, the BIOS has no effect on either the CIR jack detect pin (stuck at +3.6V) or the transmit pin level (stuck at 5V and capable of drving an IR LED). I have the latest Nuvoton driver, CIR_Win7_2.2.2011.128_PV.exe from Intel driver support. Can anyone confirm whether the CIR output function is actually supported and operable with this motherboard and / or this driver?

Andy

• 1. Re: DZ68DB does Consumer IR (CIR) output work

Have you tested more than one software?

How many motherboards do you have affected? If just one, It also could be that the output header is defective as well.

Please feel free to contact the Intel(R) Technical Department for further assistance during business hours; you may find the proper contact phone number at: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone

• 2. Re: DZ68DB does Consumer IR (CIR) output work
            Andy4834

Hi

Thanks for the response. I have tried with Microsoft cirtest.exe from the Windows Device Driver SDK and with Windows Media Center installed under 32 bit Windows 7. Neither seems to generate an IR output. The behaviour is the same on both of the IR output header ports so unless the whole CIR chip has failed there is probably not a hardware fault. I only have one DZ68DB work which has been installed from new in a PC chassis under workshop anti-static conditions.

It would be very helpful to get confirmation that the CIR output is actually supported and operational under Windows 7 on this type of motherboard before I look at replacing the board under warranty.

Regards

Andy