Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

(Moderator can you read plz) Intel(R) HD graphics --- Inspiron N5010

ND
Novice

Hi moderator,

I just want to know if you think to upgrade some part of the Intel(R) HD graphics to have better OpenGL than version 2.1 and have a better Intel HD control panel to modify AA (have to work in-game even if the game don't have AA). Can you upgrade this?

I want to play a 2006 game (IL2 1946) and I need OpenGL to have perfect water with wave, but I don't have a good version and my Inspiron is from 2010

PS: I'm sure you can modify the code in the Intel(R) HD graphics to have a knid of NVIDIA cards. NO?

THX

Nicolas

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ND
Novice

Some informations:

- Intel(R) HD graphics (Core i3) --- normal not 2000 or 3000

- version: 8.15.10.2559

- Chipset: HM57

- Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets version 9.2.0.1030

- Video BIOS: 1994.0

In my control panel: It's write DirectX version 10.1

but with Dxdiag, I have DirectX 11.0

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/46746583.png/

I have something wrong with my device. Can you say me if it's normal:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/84984987.png/

That's my game. I just want to have better OpenGL version, but I can't...

It's supposed to be like that:

I have that:

watch my cloud

I run the game with no lag and with good performance, it's just that the Intel(R) HD graphics is very bad and I don't want to buy a new laptop...

Ce message a été modifié par: nic727

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In device manager did you click the Intel HD and loook at the drivers there as your driver do not match the drivers on your dxdiag.exe (they should be listed as the same)

What I recomend for you as your laptop is close to mine in stats and same model number is to go to Dells website and install their drivers... I am running 2202 and they are running better for me than the current intel drivers... I believe you would input your model number and build number then they recomend the best drivers for you at that time, and they run better than the current Intel drivers...

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

OK, If I understand, the version 8.15.10.2202 is better than my version and better for OpenGL?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The drivers at Dell are made for your laptop and I have noticed a difference in performance, having the same model number and Intel HD,but different stats... try installing the ones that dell recomends, and going from there... I believe from using the 2202 that they are better drivers than the recent intel drivers. As for the open GL I'm not sure of the settings, so I cannot tell you weither to change any setting for that... ( my graphics card is set up for pure performance ) not quality... in graphics... Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
GJarr
Beginner

did you ever get the clouds to display right? I have an i7 and the intel hd 3000 graphics and in opengl in 1946, the clouds look like yours... They almost look like there are large crystals in the clouds... I have tried messing with the config file for 1946 and tried typeclouds=0 and 1, and neither fixed it. If you had any luck let me know. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Hi Intel, I just want if you are trying to do an OpenGL update to work correctly on Intel HD Graphics. THX

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Just for you to understand and correct to bug. I just copy/paste my WraperDX file of the game.

IL2 DirectX8 Wrapper LogFile.

1C:Multimedia.Dev/Maddox.

=============================

Choose Pixel

Set Pixel

CreateContext...

Driver: igdumdx32.dll

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Version: 658187

WHQL Level: certified, but no date information is available.

Modes:

320x200 16 bits

320x200 32 bits

320x240 16 bits

320x240 32 bits

400x300 16 bits

400x300 32 bits

512x384 16 bits

512x384 32 bits

640x400 16 bits

640x400 32 bits

640x480 16 bits

640x480 32 bits

800x600 16 bits

800x600 32 bits

1024x768 16 bits

1024x768 32 bits

1280x720 16 bits

1280x720 32 bits

1280x768 16 bits

1280x768 32 bits

1360x768 16 bits

1360x768 32 bits

1366x768 16 bits

1366x768 32 bits

ColorBits: 32

Full screen.

EnableAutoDepthStencil = true.

DepthFormat: D3DFMT_D24S8

Hardware Vertex Processing.

Depth bits: 24

Stencil bits: 8

BackBufferWidth: 1024

BackBufferHeight: 768

Caps:

DeviceType = HAL

AdapterOrdinal = 0

DevCaps = CANRENDERAFTERFLIP | DRAWPRIMTLVERTEX | EXECUTESYSTEMMEMORY | HWRASTERIZATION | HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT | PUREDEVICE | TEXTUREVIDEOMEMORY | TLVERTEXSYSTEMMEMORY

PrimitiveMiscCaps = BLENDOP | COLORWRITEENABLE | CULLCCW | CULLCW | CULLNONE | MASKZ | TSSARGTEMP

RasterCaps = ANISOTROPY | COLORPERSPECTIVE | DITHER | FOGRANGE | FOGTABLE | FOGVERTEX | MIPMAPLODBIAS | WFOG | ZBIAS | ZFOG | ZTEST

ZCmpCaps = ALWAYS | EQUAL | GREATER | GREATEREQUAL | LESS | LESSEQUAL | NEVER | NOTEQUAL

SrcBlendCaps = BOTHINVSRCALPHA | BOTHSRCALPHA | DESTALPHA | DESTCOLOR | INVDESTALPHA | INVDESTCOLOR | INVSRCALPHA | INVSRCCOLOR | ONE | SRCALPHA | SRCALPHASAT | SRCCOLOR | ZERO

DestBlendCaps = DESTALPHA | DESTCOLOR | INVDESTALPHA | INVDESTCOLOR | INVSRCALPHA | INVSRCCOLOR | ONE | SRCALPHA | SRCALPHASAT | SRCCOLOR | ZERO

AlphaCmpCaps = ALWAYS | NEVER

ShadeCaps = ALPHAGOURAUDBLEND | COLORGOURAUDRGB | FOGGOURAUD | SPECULARGOURAUDRGB

TextureCaps = ALPHA | CUBEMAP | MIPCUBEMAP | MIPMAP | MIPVOLUMEMAP | PERSPECTIVE | PROJECTED | TEXREPEATNOTSCALEDBYSIZE | VOLUMEMAP

TextureFilterCaps = MAGFANISOTROPIC | MAGFLINEAR | MAGFPOINT | MINFANISOTROPIC | MINFLINEAR | MINFPOINT | MIPFLINEAR | MIPFPOINT

CubeTextureFilterCaps = MAGFANISOTROPIC | MAGFLINEAR | MAGFPOINT | MINFANISOTROPIC | MINFLINEAR | MINFPOINT | MIPFLINEAR | MIPFPOINT

VolumeTextureFilterCaps = MAGFANISOTROPIC | MAGFLINEAR | MAGFPOINT | MINFANISOTROPIC | MINFLINEAR | MINFPOINT | MIPFLINEAR | MIPFPOINT

TextureAddressCaps = BORDER | CLAMP | INDEPENDENTUV | MIRROR | MIRRORONCE | WRAP

VolumeTextureAddressCaps = BORDER | CLAMP | INDEPENDENTUV | MIRROR | MIRRORONCE | WRAP

LineCaps = ALPHACMP | BLEND | FOG | TEXTURE | ZTEST

MaxTextureWidth = 8192

MaxTextureHeight = 8192

MaxVolumeExtent = 2048

MaxTextureRepeat = 8192

MaxTextureAspectRatio = 8192

MaxAnisotropy = 16

MaxVertexW = 0.0000

ExtentsAdjust = 0.0000

StencilCaps = DECR | DECRSAT | INCR | INCRSAT | INVERT | KEEP | REPLACE | ZERO

FVFCaps = DONOTSTRIPELEMENTS | PSIZE

TextureOpCaps = ADD | ADDSIGNED | ADDSIGNED2X | ADDSMOOTH | BLENDCURRENTALPHA | BLENDDIFFUSEALPHA | BLENDFACTORALPHA | BLENDTEXTUREALPHA | BLENDTEXTUREALPHAPM | BUMPENVMAP | BUMPENVMAPLUMINANCE | DISABLE | DOTPRODUCT3 | LERP | MODULATE | MODULATE2X | MODULATE4X | MODULATEALPHA_ADDCOLOR | MODULATECOLOR_ADDALPHA | MODULATEINVALPHA_ADDCOLOR | MODULATEINVCOLOR_ADDALPHA | MULTIPLYADD | PREMODULATE | SELECTARG1 | SELECTARG2 | SUBTRACT

MaxTextureBlendStages = 8

MaxSimultaneousTextures = 8

VertexProcessingCaps = DIRECTIONALLIGHTS | LOCALVIEWER | MATERIALSOURCE7 | POSITIONALLIGHTS | TEXGEN | TWEENING

MaxActiveLights = 10

MaxUserClipPlanes = 6

MaxVertexBlendMatrices = 4

MaxVertexBlendMatrixIndex = 8

MaxPointSize = 256.0000

MaxPrimitiveCount = 1048575

MaxVertexIndex = 16777215

MaxStreams = 16

MaxStreamStride = 255

VertexShaderVersion = -130815

MaxVertexShaderConst = 96

PixelShaderVersion = -65276

MaxPixelShaderValue = 340282346638528860000000000000000000000.0000

Supported texture formats:

D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8

D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

D3DFMT_R5G6B5

D3DFMT_A1R5G5B5

D3DFMT_A4R4G4B4

D3DFMT_A8

D3DFMT_L8

D3DFMT_A8L8

D3DFMT_A4L4

D3DFMT_UYVY

D3DFMT_YUY2

D3DFMT_DXT1

D3DFMT_DXT2

D3DFMT_DXT3

D3DFMT_DXT4

D3DFMT_DXT5

*Error in Extensions.cpp line:18: Get unsupported extension proc address.

*Error in Extensions.cpp line:19: glMultiTexCoord3fARB

*Error in opengl32.cpp line:831: Unsupported.

*Error in Enable.cpp line:203: Unsupported GL_SCISSOR_TEST

*Error in Enable.cpp line:203: Unsupported GL_SCISSOR_TEST

EndD3D

EndLog.

=============================
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Nic

If you want to test the latest Intel HD Graphics generic driver on your system it is available http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3231&DwnldID=21779&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics&lang=eng here.

However, you may have an OEM specific driver installed on your system which will block installing the Intel HD Graphics generic driver. There is a way to install the generic driver and overwrite the OEM installed driver however, you must be warned that you will lose any OEM customizations HP made to the driver specific to your system.

If you want to try the generic driver, follow these steps:

1. Extract Win7Vista_152257.zip to a folder on your desktop.

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Double click on Display Adapters

5. Double click on Intel HD Graphics Family

6. Click on Driver tab

7. Click on Update Driver button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" option

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option

10. Click on Have Disk button

11. On the Install From Disk dialog, click Browse

12. In the Locate File dialog, navigate to the folder you extracted the driver to in step 2 above.

13. When you have navigated to that folder, navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. In the Graphics sub-folder, you will see the file "igdlh64.inf", double click this file

15. You will then be back at the "Install From Disk" dialog, click OK

16. You will then be back at the "Update Driver Software" dialog, click Next

17. The driver installer will now start, wait for it to complete

18. When the process has completed, close the open Device Manager dialogs and you will be asked to reboot.

19. Reboot and you should be updated

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Yeah, I have the latest driver, but I just want to resolve OpenGL problem with Intel HD Graphics 1st generation if you can do an update of that.

The copy/paste I put describe the problem with scissor_test, etc.

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Hi, you think generic driver will allow me to use the full potential of Opengl 2.1?

and what is a generic driver? And when will be the next update for 1st generation intel Hd?

thx

ps : How could I play Rise of Flight on my laptop?

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

I think it is this one. I have the latest driver for 1st generation Intel HD Graphic, but I read a lot of thinks and I run GLViewer and it's said that I have full capability of OpenGL 2.1 and 80% of 2.2... I read that my game ''Il2 1946'' use OpenGL 1.2 or something like that to have 3D water, smoke shadow, etc. I tried to change some file like they show me in the official game forum, but nothing work because my OpenGL is not very good.

It could be nice if you could test the game by yourself (Intel Team) with 1st generation Intel HD Graphics just to fixe it. I recommande that a lot of time, but nothing happen. It could be nice to have a game section on your website that show what games are compatible with what graphic card and a suggestion section (who show the suggestion of people) and a GAME IN TEST section that show what you are testing now...

thx

0 Kudos