DH67BL board fails to boot

NytRyder

I just bought a new mainboard which is:

Intel DH67BL

Core i5-2400

2x 2GB transcend RAM

Inno3D GTS 250

Huntkey HK700-52PP 700 watts PSU

I have attached everything but it still wont boot. No BIOS. No POST mssg.

I havent attached the chassis fan to the motherboard because the chassis fan connector is not compatible with the motherboard rear fan header.

Will this board boot up even if i attached the chassis fan directly to the PSU?

Or do I need to attached it directly to the motherboard's rear fan header?

• 1. Re: DH67BL board fails to boot
          Flying_Kiwi

NytRyder wrote:

Will this board boot up even if i attached the chassis fan directly to the PSU?

Yes... if everything else is in order

Or do I need to attached it directly to the motherboard's rear fan header?

No - a chassis fan is not necessary

Have you checked your specific RAM is compatible (these motherboards are very finicky in what will work or what won't)? Have you double checked all your connections with the manual. Have a look at Intel's no-boot wizard accessible from the support page for your board and see if that helps.

• 2. Re: DH67BL board fails to boot
            NytRyder

My Huntkey PSU says that it generates 18.0A.

AFC 700.JPG

According to Dh67BL Tech Sheet it needs 20.0 A

DH67 Power.JPG

This is the only reason i think it fails to boot. But im not sure yet.

Will i have to buy a new PSU?

• 3. Re: DH67BL board fails to boot
              Flying_Kiwi

NytRyder wrote:

My Huntkey PSU says that it generates 18.0A.

<snip>

Will i have to buy a new PSU?

I very much doubt it for the motherboard as thats a recommended value and is far from black and white. I've seen many 'over enthusiastic' PSU minimum system requirements from Intel and I very much doubt 2 amps on the 12 Volt rail would make a difference (as long as the PSU is actually performing to that spec).

What about the memory - as previously mentioned, these boards are picky for memory. Have you looked at the board specific memory page yet to see if it matches up?

Also I see here on the manufacturers webpage that the recommended 12 Volt rail capability is 25 amps just for your graphics card - THAT may make a difference but not being very experienced with these cards I don't really know - maybe someone else with one can comment? I assume you have plugged the graphics card into the PSU connector as well?