Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Core 2 Duo E7600 Processor

idata
Employee

Hi, Can anyone advise me me if there is a Small Form Factor (SFF) Motherboard on the market that is compatible with the above processor. When I recently purchased this processor as an upgrade I was incorrectly assured that the motherboard in my PC would accept this CPU.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

There 32 Boards that this CPU will work on , when you say small form factor are you looking for a basic board or a Media board >??

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

A , DG45ID > Is a good media center board , Micro ATX , 9.6X9.6 , I have two running 8 gb with Q9550 CPUs and a GT250 GPU , Stable all day long.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert

Thanks for the prompt answer. The PC that I bought the E7600 upgrade for is an HP Compaq dc7700p Small Form Factor desktop computer. Would a Micro ATX board will fit properly in the case?

A media type PC would be far more in line with what I want to use it for.

HP did release the PC Pro 3120 SFF computer, which is built with a E7600 processor but so far it has proved impossible to find which motherboard they used, as unfortunately they seem to use their own rebadged motherboards.

Regards

Laurie

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

The DG45ID is a great little board for what you are doing , just rember it is near EOL so you may have to hunt for a new one , should be $150.00 and it can take 8GB arm , But only one graphics card , although the onboard graphics will do 1080P.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Yes HP rebadges their boards they are ASUS or Patrogone rarely Intel . ASUS are good boards .

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Another thing to keep in mind is HP uses Low powered Power supplies , you may want to up grade there also.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

what kind of RAM do you have now and how much . the DG45ID uses DDR2-800.

0 Kudos