2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 2:20 PM by surfdudeDEN

IRST: RAID Failed, one missing disc in raid, but appears in Storage System View

surfdudeDEN

Updated Bios on my motherboard (specs below), after that one disc was missing from the raid (intel01.gif), but still showed up in IRST as not being a part of the raid, then i reverted back to the old bios, but the problem still occured. How can i get the disc back onto the raid without wiping all the data on the raid?

Intel00.gif

intel01.gif

intel02.gif

intel03.gif

• 1. Re: IRST: RAID Failed, one missing disc in raid, but appears in Storage System View
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

In this case since the RAID array was a RAID 0, once one of the drives is missing from the array, the whole array will fail. So, the RAID cannot be reconstructed again and therefore there are no ways to reintegrate the missing hard drive.

Most likely the metadata on that disc was erased or corrupted during the BIOS update and that caused the system to take it out of the RAID.

Please keep in mind that Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology does not provide recovery options for failed RAID 0 volumes, therefore at this moment the data on that array is not longer available.

• 2. Re: IRST: RAID Failed, one missing disc in raid, but appears in Storage System View
            surfdudeDEN

Correct, and i figured that.

Tried something else to regain my 9 tb data.

Deleted the Raid Volume in the bios console, then made a new one with the excact same hdd's, settings etc, booted into Windows, initialised the "new" Raid Volume, i did not format it. Downloaded Active@ File Recovery for Windows to try and regain my partitions and data.

So far so good, at this point its finding the Partions and the files, the Process of the SuperScan is going to take 84 hours, its been running 12hours now, i will post the result here for others if its succesfull.