2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2012 2:15 PM by jitunsd

DG41WV - Freezes at restart Post Code 51

jitunsd

hi, i've just built a computer with the following specifications:

DG41WV motherboard firmware 0016

Q8400 Core 2 Quad motherboard

4gb RAM 7-7-10

GeForce GT 440 dual hdmi video card on the PCI express slot.

Window 7 Professional OS 32 bit

I'm having trouble when windows 7 restarts, the pc freezes at the intel logo showing code 51.  The way around it is to turn off the pc and then turn it back on. I've narrowed it down to the video card.  If i use the integrated graphics port, then i have no problem.  I've also tried using another video card, and i get the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: DG41WV - Freezes at restart Post Code 51
          Victor_Intel

Hello,

I see that you determined correctly that the post code 51 is related to the PCI initialization, now we need to determine why it does not like your video cards.

First, I will like you to test your system on a basic configuration, remove anything that you don't need. Make sure that the power supply that you are using is powerful enough to initialize the video card and the system properly, the symptoms that you are describing usually are related to a power problem.

If you are sure that the power supply is big enough for your configuration, test the motherboard out of the chassis, update the firmware on the video card and test a video card that is from a different manufacturer or at least model number to check if it is not a compatibility problem.

PV.

• 2. Re: DG41WV - Freezes at restart Post Code 51
            jitunsd

<First, I will like you to test your system on a basic configuration,  remove anything that you don't need. Make sure that the power supply  that you are using is powerful enough to initialize the video card and  the system properly, the symptoms that you are describing usually are  related to a power problem.>

I'm running a brand new cooler master 700w Silent Pro PSU with the 12V rated at 50amps.  I've tested the board without the video card (evga geforce gt 440 1gb ddr3) and it runs with no problems and does a reset without having to power cycle.

<If you  are sure that the power supply is big enough for your configuration,  test the motherboard out of the chassis, update the firmware on the  video card and test a video card that is from a different manufacturer  or at least model number to check if it is not a compatibility problem.<

i tried out another evga geforce 210 1gb ddr3. It does the same thing.  I tried to look up a firmware update for the video card, but there is none posted at http://evga.com