2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 7:20 PM by mwaughex

sccKit 1.4.2 Beta is available

tedk

We’re starting a sccKit 1.4.2 beta. If you want to participate in this beta please create a Bugzilla bug in the ADD ME to the SCCKIT BETA 1.4.2 product.

http://marcbug.scc-dc.com/bugzilla3/

This is an informal beta. There are no beta reports to file.

The compressed tarfile that contains the sccKit 1.4.2 beta software is available for download from our public SVN,

http://marcbug.scc-dc.com/svn/repository/tarballs/ .  The file is called sccKit_1.4.2.tar.bz2.

We’ll officially start the beta on Jan 9, 2012 and run it for one month until Feb 6, 2012. We will release the software if there are no P1 open bugs. Recall that our Bugzilla bugs have both severity and priority.  Severity is determined by the user and  is one of (blocker, critical, major,  normal,  minor, and trivial). The Bugzilla home page defines these terms. Priority is determined by Intel; it is one of the following (P1, P2, P3, and P5). P5 indicates that priority is not yet set. P1 means we must fix to release; P2 means we will fix, but an open P2 will not hold up the release; P3 means we will not fix.

The first goal is, of course, to check that your applications continue to work with this new release. Once you have verified that, you might consider taking advantage of the new features.

We will shortly follow this announcement with installation instructions and a description of new 1.4.2 features. In summary the installation is much like installing 1.4.1.3 with eMAC enabled. You must be root to install sccKit 1.4.2.

• Copy sccKit_1.4.2.tar.bz2 to /opt/sccKit and untar it.
      • Remove the current link and remake it to point to 1.4.2.
      • Ensure that /opt/sccKit/1.4.2/bin is in your path (not another sccKit directory).
      • Edit /opt/sccKit/current/firmware/RockyLake/update/update.txt. You want a larger number. I often choose the date followed by an index … as in 20120106001 so that the least significant numbers increase earlier.
      • Run install.csh in /opt/sccKit/current/firmware.
      • Power cycle. Issue (providing the complete path)  /opt/sccKit/current/bin/sccPowercycle –r
      • Initialize tith sccBmc –i.
      • Boot with sccBoot –l.
      • Check your FPGA bitstream with the following (this assumes you have either eMAC a or eMAC b enabled).

$ sccBmc -c set |grep FPGA

Default FPGA bitstream: /mnt/flash4/rl_20110624_ab.bit

• Log onto a core and verify that you have the correct Linux kernel.

rck00:/root # uname -a

Linux rck00 3.1.4scc #4 SMP Wed Dec 21 14:41:27 CET 2011 i586 GNU/Linux

Message was edited by: Ted Kubaska: typo

Message was edited by: Ted Kubaska: typo