1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 11:32 AM by Dan_Intel

Intel DH55HC PCIe 2.0 1x low performance

Afanasev

Hello!

I'm using intel dh55hc about 1 year and everything work fine.

A week ago a bought PCIe 2.0 1x - SATA 6Gb/s controller Syba and Vertex 3 SSD 120 GB to make the motherboard compatible with SATA 3rd revision.

So i checked the MB specification to be sure it has compatible PCIe 2.0 1x port and also i found that such interface has 500MB/s peack bandwidth per direction (p.44  - 2.2.2.2).

I installed Syba to the PCIe 2.0 1x ( the second one from the PCIe 2.0 16x ) and got disk benchmark result about 160 MB/s write and 220 MB/s read.

The manufacturer claims up to 500 MB/s 550 MB/s

Tests were performed by AS SSD and ATTO on Windows 7 64.

The ssd was not the system disk.

So i tried some work arounds about drivers and etc with no luck.

After i put Syba controller to the PCIe 2.0 16x interface and got 180MB/s write and 380 MB/s read from one benchmark and 450 MB/s write 450 MB/s read from another benchmark. Then revert it back and again 160 MB/s and 220 MB/s -  so the reason is PCIe 2.0 1x interface.

The question is why PCIe 2.0 1x interface reduces the bandwidth? It should support 500 MB/s speed !!

• 1. Re: Intel DH55HC PCIe 2.0 1x low performance
          Dan_Intel

Hi,

Benchmarking evaluations, from third party programs, are not supported by Intel(R) Technical Support.  For more specific information on the benchmarking results of this program you are running, it is recommended that you contact the third party software manufacturer. By contacting the manufacturer of the aforesaid software, you will be able to interpret the benchmarking results and, if necessary, come up with a solution to any possible issues you may be experiencing with the system and with any of the hardware components you have installed on it.