1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 1:05 PM by Amok

IAANTmon.exe problem

BeefSupreme

I am having a problem with the IAANTmon.exe service that is a part of the Intel Rapid Storage Technologies software.  It is casing the CPU to spike which causes interuptions and buzzing when playing video and audio. I am using the 64 bit version of Widows 7.  This problem is fairly well documented and it is recomended to stop the service if not using a RAID.  I am using a RAID however.  Can it still be stopped?  Is there an update to the program coming?  I have been battling this problem for several months.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: IAANTmon.exe problem
          Amok

Hey guys,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as the OP- iaantmon.exe is causing cpu spikes that in turn cause a system slow down resulting in stuttering audio/video etc.  I have positively traced the cpu spikes to iaantmon, and because I am using a RAID setup I am not able to disable the process.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a way forward from this?  Is it possible to roll back the driver as I only updated it a few days ago?

Thanks for any help.