Ok so im trying to install a crucial m4 64 gb (FW 0009) into my msi gx660 laptop and enable it as a ssd cache via the intel RST program. So far with no luck.I've ran into a wall and my problem is that the accelerate tab in intel rst is not showing.
Here is what i did. Hopefully in the right order.
1. I installed and updated the intel RST drivers and software.
2. I installed the ssd in the empty drive slot in the case.
2. I flashed my BIOS to the gx660r one to enable the RAID option.(before this i also found out that 1 of my 2 ramsticks where bad and i took it out)
The msi gx660 and the gx660r are basicly the same with the exception that the gx660r comes preconfigured with RAID
3. I enabled RAID only to discover windows would BSOD on boot and i disabled it again (sat it back to AHCI)
4. I used these registry hacks to get RAID mode to work.
Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
5. I re-enabled RAID mode and booted into windows perfectly
6. Then intel RST bugged on me and i reinstalled it several times. (it showed my disk as having 0 gb's of space and was only able to show their serial number)
7. I got intel RST working but it still wont show the Acellerate tab
At this point i got stuck when the accelerate tab still wasnt showing and now i tried making a clean install of windows (in RAID mode) on a newly created partition. Here i have the same problem.
I have also tried switching the drives places in the case but still no luck.
I have gotten to the point where im about to give up on this. Do any of you have any idea of what i've done wrong? if so please reply.
I'm assuming that Intel Smart Response Technology is what you're talking about:
The MSI GX660 / GX660r has a PM55 Chipset: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX660.html#/?div=Specification
Regardless of whether your notebook supports RAID or not, I don't see how it's compatible with Intel Smart Response Technology, hence why you don't receive an accelerate option in the Intel RST GUI.