Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

I7 2700K EIST + TURBO DISABLED BY BIOS

idata
Employee

Automatically - despite saving the changes to enable turbo + eist.

I recently upgraded from i7 2600 to i7 2700k on a foxconn rattler motherboard. In the Bios when enabling turbo it shows 38 37 36 35 for all cores when it should be 39 38 37 36. I manually set the numbers for turbo to match the specs of 2700k and click "save changes". Then the system reboots and reverts back to disabling these features. I can see the processor identified in Bios, however I can't save the settings both for the CPU and "incidentally" RAM's timings.

When I downloaded Intel's Turbo Boost monitoring tool, it reported that there's no Intel CPU to paraphrase that therefore the installation did not continue.

I can save voltages, time and other things but for the life of me cannot enable turbo + eist. I've monitored the CPU in the Windows 7 experience index and also tried other apps that should trigger turbo - none did. Turbo does not work, the CPU can stay idle since Windows 7 is set to balance mode.

How can I "force" the bios to save the setting?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

OK I needed to flash the bios - problem solved.

A question for OC mavens if you please:

Since Foxconn does not have a core multiplier option how are some people able to http://adcapo.com/0/posts/10-Computer/32-CPU/137-i7-2700k-5-4ghz-.html OC their systems with SandyBridge. This person claims over 5ghz benchmark which is hard to swallow since Foxconn's BIOS are notorious for not having a "core multiplier" option yet they still support i7? I tried to up the FSB at 106 and the system collapsed. False advertising? Am I missing something?

There is no core multiplier in their BIOS. What mb would you recommend for OCing an i7 2700k? Not looking for extremes, I really respect the chip and want to boost it up to 4.4 ghz for stable operation.

0 Kudos