1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 1:33 PM by Dan_Intel

Intel board DH67CL starts automatically when pluging the power cable

fadygh3

hi everyone I have a problem when I plug the power cable on my pc it starts automatically. I tried many things in the bios power options I also upgraded the bios to the lates version. my computer hardware is

dh67cl cpu core i5 2500 vga inno 3d GTS 450 and seagate HHD 1TB any help or sugestions please

• 1. Re: Intel board DH67CL starts automatically when pluging the power cable
          Dan_Intel

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

1. Please, place the board over a non-conducting surface.  Just plug in the power supply, the video card, minimum amount of memory, and the processor, and try to boot up.  In some cases a metal piece coming from the chassis could cause grounding to the board and would not operate properly.

2. Check the power options are properly arranged in device manager for the Operating System.

3. Test with a different power supply with at least 450w if possible to narrow the issue.

4. Remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 20 minutes.  After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs, which are located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.