2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 6:05 PM by gonzalexx

Intel@ 82579V Ethernet Card software for Ubuntu

jitenderana

Dear all,

Can you help us, i have new intel DH67CF board, and i was install ubuntu OS on it but onboard network adapter is not supported. also search the same on intel officeial site & google there is on any software.

Can anyone help me how to install and configure network adapter on my ubuntu 10.04 OS.

Regards

Jitender Rana

• 1. Re: Intel@ 82579V Ethernet Card software for Ubuntu
          gonzalexx

Hello...

By now you've probably had your Intel NIC/motherboard/ubuntu problem solved.

I'm facing something similar with a DP67GB motherboard (on-board Intel 82579v network interface) with Ubuntu 11.1

I get ethernet connectivity, but at a lower speed (10)....

I'm sure its a matter of drivers, and/or settings on ubuntu.

Was wondering if you got a response to your request, and if you could share those contacts, or responses with me, so I can continue searching for an answer.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Intel@ 82579V Ethernet Card software for Ubuntu
            gonzalexx

I figured out my problem. A little outdated switch/hub I had connecting my desktop to my home network did not quite understand the Intel NIC autonegotiate function. After leaving the problem unsolved for a while, I started playing with ethtool and changing speed and duplex.... ethtool could not report certain changed values, and I was about to get a new switch (the old one was only 100 speed capable anyway). So I thought I'd connect the desktop directly to my 1G speed router. And that solved the problem. My Intel NIC is happily talking at 1G speed now, full duplex. So getting a new switch is not as pressing an issue anymore, and I can transfer files at a decent speed. So, don't be so quick to judge your computer hardware, before checking your network hardware first.