Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

PM45 & QX9300 ?

idata
Employee

Does PM45 chipset Gateway 7815 Motherboard support quad core cpu such as QX9300?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

There might be many different options for you to upgrade or replace your processor with. We recommend contacting the computer manufacturer as they have set the valid compatibility list between the computer, the BIOS and the available processors in the market. The system manufacturer should also provide the specifications on what technologies from the processor might or might not be supported.

Please bear in mind that what limits the compatibility is the computer itself (motherboard and bios) not the processor. The motherboard requires to have the proper micro code to manage the processor, if not, the system will not work, and it is the computer manufacturer or Original Equipment Manufacturer who develops the BIOS to include the microcode for the processor

idata
Employee

I do know all you told but since gateway has a very poor support service I wanted to take my chance with you. Thank you for replying to my post.

0 Kudos