Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Problem with vga tv output - Help Please!

idata
Employee

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. I have been using the VGA TV Output to watch film online for a while no problem but recently it has stopped working. When I plug in the VGA cable, my tv monitor screen is just black with red lines across. I checked the Display Adapter (Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Chipset Family version 8.15.10.2302 is working properly. Checked for driver update and it was updated to latest version.

Also noticed that when this problem started, each time I plug in the VGA cable, my internet connection got disconnected and I had to reset my modem (switch it off and on again). I have search online to see if I can find a solution to resolve this problem but no success.

Hope someone would be able to help me.

Many thanks.

Pat

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

Please keep in mind that VGA has not been natively designed to support TV-out features. In such case, we shave not validated this interface to be used with a TV display.

In this case, can you specify the type of cable that is being used and if there is any type of adapter or converter in between?

0 Kudos