4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2011 12:10 PM by anserq

Having audio skips while cpu has loads

anserq

Hello

Why does my audio skip, when my cpu has load? When CPU is in use like internet starts loading a page, or application is started, or just randomly? let me know

I have the new audio drivers, the latest ones....

THanks

Please

• 1. Re: Having audio skips while cpu has loads
          Flying_Kiwi

More information is required to get to the bottom of this. What motherboard and audio hardware do you have also precisely which OS? It's all well and good installing the latest audio drivers but if the chipset drivers haven't been installed first off after the OS and all its patches, that can lead to problems. Here's something Intel has about Driver Installation Order.

Is this a PC you've just assembled and installed Windows on otherwise when did this problem begin (after what changes)?

• 2. Re: Having audio skips while cpu has loads
            anserq

Hello

INTEL DQ67SW

Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)

As Far as I have checked, i did install all the drivers and patches needed.

• 3. Re: Having audio skips while cpu has loads
              Flying_Kiwi

Did you install everything in the order referred to on that page I linked to though? It can make a difference if you've not made the chipset drivers the first to be installed after the OS and its patches.

Recently someone else posted here about a recent board having audio trouble and it turned out their cache drive SSD and Intel Desktop Utilities were playing a part in the problem. Have you any software installed yet that may be probing the hardware on the motherboard? What is the rest of your system - do you have anything additional connected in (and if so, how is it with that removed and its software uninstalled)? Is the installation in any way non-standard (including whether BIOS settings are set at default values - if not load setup defaults and save out of there) - I'd be looking for anything non-standard to try and narrow down the culprit.

Additionally, a new BIOS version was released 2 days ago. Although there's nothing in the release notes about fixing audio skipping, there haven't been lots of posts from people having problems with it so it may be worth a shot (if you haven't already tried this) to see if it improves the situation at all.

• 4. Re: Having audio skips while cpu has loads
                anserq

Okay thank you, i will try without the desktop utilites, i did have that...

hehe, lets see if that helps thank you..