Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Processor Graphics 3000 not compatible with OpenGL last version

idata
Employee

The scientific 3D reconstruction software, Seg3d2 (ver 2.1.2 64bit for windows), doesn't start in windows7 PRO with core i7 and "Intel HD Graphics Family, Processor Graphics 3000", running on a "ASUS ZENBOOK, motheboard UX31E".

The program is launched on the laptop, the starting process icon appears for about 5-6 sec and then it stops and nothing happens; the process is kicked off (as is confirmed looking at the "Windows Task Manager" panel).

May the problem be due to the non-compatibility of the "Intel Processor Graphics 3000" driver with the last version of OpenGL?

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello Fonda99,

I would like to let you know that your feedback has been forwarded to our development team and they are investigating this issue.

At this moment, we cannot provide an estimated time for us to provide a complete answer this, but be sure that our software support and engineering group are aware of your issue and they are actively working on this.

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

The latest driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 and 3000 controllers provide support for OpenGL 3.0. This information is available at:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032057.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-032057.htm

In this case, I suggets you to check with the software developer to see what are the minimum requirements to run this application and see if the system would be able to run it.

idata
Employee

Thank you for replay, I checked your suggestion.

The software Seg3D2 needs at least OpenGL 2.0, so it should run ... according to what you said.

However, to be more specific, it looks like Seg3D2 could not find the "OpenGL extension GL_EXT_draw_buffers2", which should,instead, be available in a driver that uses a correctly implemented OpenGL library 2.0 or greater.

Could this drawback be due to a bug into the Intel integrated chipset driver?

I'm using the version 8.15.10.2559 for the hd graphics, it should be the last one.

Thanks again for any more help for the solution of this big problem (at least for me ...)

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

That's wrong. The latest drivers supports OpenGL 3.1.

Fonda99, search 8.15.10.2500. This drivers supports some more OpenGL extensions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yups,

sure that a previous driver's version (8.15.10.2500) offers MORE OpenGL extensions than the latest (8.15.10.2559) ?

If it's true, I will thank you thousands times for the hint!

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

100% sure because I tried it. There are 10 extensions added or so. This is an early 15.26 driver revision in Beta state for the upcoming Ivy Bridge iGPU which works also for Sandy Bridge iGPU.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not able to find the hd graphics driver 8.15.10.2500

It seems unknown at the intel website: do you know where it can be found?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No, unfortunately also the 8.15.10.2500 driver for graphics 3000 processor doesn't work, the software Seg3D2 is kicked off after launch, without starting to run.

At this point, I guess that processor graphics 3000 doesn't fit all the basic H/W-S/W needs of a scientific 3D reconstruction.

So, I give up with it: too a long time lost in unfruitful tests.

Just to dump the desperation, I installed the program Seg3D2 in a collegue's laptop Toshiba Tecra S11-12U (Windows7, Intel core i7, graphics Nvidia NVS 2100M) and it works correctly. So Yups, I thank you very much for all your collaboration and if you have some more idea (why not attempt to make Seg3D running under Hd 3000, for example?) contact me again.

All the best.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You sure it's the same? Haven't tried it myself, but because the version number is different, I thought it was different and a modified one made to have better integration with OpenGL.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

There is no difference in terms of OpenGL functionality between 15.22...2509 and 2559, so it won't work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately right ...!

0 Kudos
TMale1
Beginner

I didn't read whole topic ...

Please remember that in OPENGL some old instructions are deperected.

FOr ex. if driver support OpenGL 3.x , but YOu are trying run some old app built for GL 2.x there is possible that just some instruction is missing, then right porting from driver/app developer should be done.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello Fonda99,

I would like to let you know that your feedback has been forwarded to our development team and they are investigating this issue.

At this moment, we cannot provide an estimated time for us to provide a complete answer this, but be sure that our software support and engineering group are aware of your issue and they are actively working on this.

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Diego,

thanks a lot for replying.

I look forward to get, hopefully, a sound solution which can enable my Asus ZenBook (with graphics 3000 ) to run Seg3D2 program properly asap!

Best,

Sergio

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Great Diego! Solved!

Seg3D (last version 2.1.4) now works with HD Graphics 3000 on Asus Zenbook!!

Thanks a lot for your support; I have installed 2656 drivers and used extensively the 3D reconstruction program: no problem running it.

I'm really glad, thank you again for your great help.

Given this sound result, me too looks forward to exploit further assistance from you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Diego,

This driver solved my problem too (xps 13z machine, smooth shading problem in my opengl app).

But, at this time, I cannot use alt+tab or windows+tab (before this driver, it was possible). If I use, focus is gone, but wrong window (my opengl app) is shown in front. Real trouble. Then I have to use ctrl+alt+del to escape.

I hope that you can solve this problem too. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hi Rand22,

Do you know where we could obtain a free copy of the software that you are using and that you are having issues with?

Please provide us the link so we can try to replicate this other problem.

0 Kudos