1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 9:16 AM by Diego_Intel

max resolution issues with Intel Graphics Driver

lithiumforce

Hi, I'm running an intel i7-2600K on a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, which clearly states it's capable of 1080p graphics. When I first ran the computer with windows 7 ultimate, it allowed me to select 1080 screen resolution. It did NOT however let me personalize the appearance to it's full potential (for example I can't adjust transparancy of windows). So I installed the latest intel drivers, but after installing this, the maximum resolution available was 1050.

Somebody help me out, I really want to run 1080, but still be able to personalize windows appearances.

thanks!

• 1. Re: max resolution issues with Intel Graphics Driver
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

I suggest you to check the troubleshooting available on this site:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022544.htm

Keep in mind that the graphics controller drivers will support just about any video modes (within reason) that the Monitor’s EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) claims to support, as well as modes defined within the Video BIOS Table (VBT), plus a basic set of static modes (mostly for monitors with no EDID):  640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200. Each Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) may limit resolutions within the VBIOS, which is an active part of the BIOS. Manufacturers according to their system designs and target markets can do these changes.

So, some video resolutions may be avaialble only if you install the dicver of the monitor connected and if the custoized driver provided by your motherboard .manufacturer is installed