13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 10:25 AM by joe_intel

DH67BL fails to sleep

whale

Shortly (within seconds) after the computer enters sleep state, by Windows power management or manually, it automatically wakes up. It does not fully wake up as no signal is sent to the monitor, yet it is still a problem as the computer changes power state frequently (between sleep and partial wake). Anybody experience same/similar issue?

• 1. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
          Victor_Intel

I don't have any reports like yours, please note that not only the motherboard needs to support the sleep state that you have set in BIOS, every device attached to the motherboard needs to support it also.

To troubleshoot the motherboard, I recommend you to update your BIOS to the latest version and to test this on a basic configuration, disconnect all the devices that you wont use for the test. Uninstall any video cards, optical drive, extra hard drives or other devices connected.

If the problem continues, enter BIOS and check the sleep states options, you may have a conflict there that a device connected will not support.

PV

• 2. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
            whale

BIOS version is already latest, which is 0132. The OS is Windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode. The system is a very basic one with no graphic card, only 1 DVD writer and 1 harddisk.

• 3. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
              efroggy

Is the Computer to a network connected? If yes, then remove the cable and test again. If there is no immidiate wake up without network, check the settings of the NIC, like WOL settings.

The other state is the so called "away mode". Check with Windows settings in the energy savings.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                Flying_Kiwi

The NIC related suggestion already offered is a good one but it'd also be worth seeing if there's a firmware update available for your DVD Burner and HDD. I assume there are no cards plugged into any of the motherboards slots and nothing connected to a USB port other than mouse/keyboard? Some mouse/keyboard makers also provide firmware updates for their products (various Logitech Bluetooth desktop hubs I've owned have received firmware updates shortly after installing the Logitech software).

• 5. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                  whale

Disconnecting the LAN cable and disabling all kinds of WOL, including the hidden Wake on Pattern Match option, seem to have fixed the issue. Will continue to monitor the system for some days.

• 6. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                    Flying_Kiwi

Glad the issue points towards a WOL issue but with WOL now disabled, when the system now goes to sleep and is woken for legitimate reasons, do you still have the monitor failing to power up? If so, it'd be worth installing monitor specific drivers/inf file from its manufacturers website (rather than just a generic Plug and Play monitor configuration in Windows). The latest Intel graphics driver should also be installed if its not already there.

• 7. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                      Gunjan Patel

Same problem my windows fails to Sleep or Hibernate - DH67BL - Bios Version is Latest with All Latest drivers updated, with all Microsoft Updates with Windows 7 x64

Please Help me

• 8. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                        jiten23bisht

Solution give by efroggy:

Is the Computer to a network connected? If yes, then remove the cable and test again. If there is no immidiate wake up without network, check the settings of the NIC, like WOL settings.

The other state is the so called "away mode". Check with Windows settings in the energy savings.

• 9. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                          jezzarino

from a command prompt, run as administrator:

powercfg /lastwake

that will give you the reason the PC woke up

• 10. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                            jiten23bisht

Hi Jezz, thnks for command . But can you tell me how to use it , refer below pic

pwr.jpg

• 11. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                              jezzarino

That is strange... here it is on mine, I used the main power button to resume:

image_jpeg.jpg
                              I've just read elsewhere that maybe setting "Link State Power Management" to Off may fix it on other systems. Worth a try

• 12. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                                jiten23bisht

Its working .. getting same msg like you do

• 13. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                                  DudeChaos

My DH67BL used to sleep just fine with Windows 7 and 8, but won't sleep with windows 8.1. Are there any recommendations for this? There are no official Intel USB drivers for 8.1. When I run powercfg /energy I get between 7-9 warnings that my USB devices do not enter selective suspend. It claims this won't prevent my PC from sleeping, but it is the only warning that is given.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated as my HTPC is only "in use" for 4 hours a day and it would be nice if it slept the other 20 hours for obvious reasons. Shutting down is not an option as when it was asleep it would wake up to record a tv show then go back to sleep automatically.

I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 3 days ago and the problem persisted.

• 14. Re: DH67BL fails to sleep
                                    joe_intel

I would suggest checking the supported operating systems for this desktop board here:

Desktop Boards; Supported operating systems

I am sorry for any inconvenience.