5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 7:47 AM by Flying_Kiwi

DH67BL Graphics Problem

Vidyarathne

Hello

I'm now using Intel DH67BL Mainboard With Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 .I'm going to discuss here about Grapics problem. I installed latest VGA drivers (x64 bit version) from intel site.But each time when i run executable files screen blinks.and sometimes says "Grapics drivers stops responding and recovers successfully".

I can't even use some media players to play my videos.

So please help

• 1. Re: DH67BL Graphics Problem
          Flying_Kiwi

Vidyarathne wrote:

But each time when i run executable files screen blinks.and sometimes says "Grapics drivers stops responding and recovers successfully".

I can't even use some media players to play my videos.

Maybe those 'executables' are working as intended or they're not compatible with your system? The same with the media players (and even the videos). Without precise details, it's not possible to get to the bottom of things. How does the PC perform straight after the OS, its live updates and drivers were installed (before installing additional software or media players etc)?

• 2. Re: DH67BL Graphics Problem
            Vidyarathne

//Maybe those 'executables' are working as intended or they're not compatible with your system? The same with the media players (and even the videos)//

i get the same results for each and every executable file ( ex: i installed nero 11 ad i get the same result )

//How does the PC perform straight after the OS//

Just after i installed OS, windows shows basic theme.it's not allowed me to select aero theme.Then i installed Drivers that comes with the Mainboard DVD.After that i was able to select Aero theme.

after that i nstalled players ,applications & etc

//its live updates and drivers were installed//

after sometime i visit intel site and downloaded drivers x64 ( 8.15.10.2559 ) and installed.but most of times i get the same sesult.

i read that setup note in that driver pack and i can't find that it support my processor.i'm using intel core i5 -2310 2.9GHz

thank you

• 3. Re: DH67BL Graphics Problem
              Flying_Kiwi

I'll deal with the easiest question first. In the DH67BL product page there is a link on the right near the bottom for compatible processors and your processor is listed. As long as you have at least BIOS version 105 or newer (ie a higher number), that means any version of the i5 - 2310 CPU should be fully supported.

It does sound like something has gone wrong with your OS installation to cause these problems. Sorry if I'm asking you about the obvious but I have no idea how experienced you are with OS installation. Once you'd plugged all the bits into the motherboard and correctly connected everything together (double checking with the manual to make sure), what did you do next and in what order as far as installations onto the hard disk drive are concerned? Are you using IDE or AHCI and if the latter, have you loaded Intels RST F6 drivers or are you just using Win 7 native drivers. Other than the possibility you are using AHCI, are all the rest of your BIOS settings at default values (ie what you get if you select load default values from the BIOS setup options and then save out of there)?

Have a look at this page about Driver Installation order.

I wouldn't go installing anything more yet in case we need to start again from scratch. At what point did these flickering screen problems become evident and how experienced are you with assembling PCs and installing OS's etc? If you're new to this sort of thing, that's ok and we all need to start somewhere, it just gives me an idea of where you're at.

• 4. Re: DH67BL Graphics Problem
                Vidyarathne

I have some knowledge about assembling PCs. and i assembled this PC myself .i formated my computer HDD again installed windows and followed all steps you said.

seems problem almost solved .but sometimes i still get flickering screen

When i rum KM player , it changes windows colour  settings to Windows basic theme.but when i close that application it goes back to normal.

you know why ?

Thanks for replying my question

Have a nice day

• 5. Re: DH67BL Graphics Problem
                  Flying_Kiwi

I'm glad this problem was solved by reinstalling windows and drivers in the correct order. Was the flickering screen issue present immediately after you did this or only after you started adding additional things (like this KM Player you mentioned). It's always best to thoroughly test straight after the OS and driver installation and then if any issues crop up we know it's not caused by other 'non-essential' things interfering.

Since you now have additional software on the system (again), it's hard to pinpoint the culprit. If your KM Player is getting rid of the Aeroglass theme in Windows 7 when it starts then thats because either your graphics card or inbuilt graphics aren't fully up to the tasks expected or the system resources are to low (eg slow CPU, not enough free RAM etc). I wouldn't have thought that would happen with your board and CPU though unless you don't have enough memory or are running several huge monitors etc....? I get the same thing with an older version of Arcsoft Total Media Theatre software but the newer version has this as an option and it's possible to play my Blu-ray and HD-DVD movies now with Aeroglass remaining enabled. If you are still getting flickering screens (but only when you run certain pieces of software) then you need to contact the software vendors and ask them if there are updated versions to address the problem.

If the screen flickering still occurred even in plain Windows with nothing else installed other that the drivers then I'd look at checking out the monitor, it's cables, the monitors power supply/lead and I'd try to find a substitute monitor to test in it's place.